Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
Textures, models, general artwork. Give me a nod. I don't do scripting. Too old for that headache.

http://zootcadillac.deviantart.com/
Bookmarked. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Bookmarked. Thanks.
Sent you a PM let me know if you need me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Cursor, how can we chat, msn, aim, steam, ventrilo, ts3?

Message me in-game: coffeecrazy@coffeecrazy I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
With a bit of good luck and some help from some of my very talented friends I'll be looking into making my own game. I think it's time to stop paying people for something I can do better myself. Donationware or F2P with premium items is the future of this kind of gaming.
If you are serious about this, check out this project:

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php

I've had my eye on it for quite awhile. It is open source, and still doesn't have any capital backing IIRC, so unfortunately the development is moving at a snail's pace. The media galleries look amazing, and it seems like a great enginefor a truly immersive sci-fi experience, once they add some content. They seem to have solved many restrictions in current sci-fi games, such as seamless transition from space to planet through the atmosphere, etc. Specifically, check out this video starting about halfway though:

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf...d=44&Itemid=93
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosuchluck
If you are serious about this, check out this project:

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php

I've had my eye on it for quite awhile. It is open source, and still doesn't have any capital backing IIRC, so unfortunately the development is moving at a snail's pace. The media galleries look amazing, and it seems like a great enginefor a truly immersive sci-fi experience, once they add some content. They seem to have solved many restrictions in current sci-fi games, such as seamless transition from space to planet through the atmosphere, etc. Specifically, check out this video starting about halfway though:

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf...d=44&Itemid=93
Don't you love that they can make a game that beautiful for free and yet we overpay for this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Cursor go ingame and message me!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
With a bit of good luck and some help from some of my very talented friends I'll be looking into making my own game. I think it's time to stop paying people for something I can do better myself. Donationware or F2P with premium items is the future of this kind of gaming.
Nice.

BigWorld and Torque 3D look nice if you are serious and don't mind blowing the cash. Multiverse is also somewhat popular I hear.

Honestly I think could pull it off if you can put together a basic team. You need artists(3ds or similar), a web deveoper, and some coders.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCrazy
Cursor go ingame and message me!
Sent you a pm here. Didn't get it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
Nice.

BigWorld and Torque 3D look nice if you are serious and don't mind blowing the cash. Multiverse is also somewhat popular I hear.

Honestly I think could pull it off if you can put together a basic team. You need artists(3ds or similar), a web deveoper, and some coders.
I am a coder and web dev. I just really stink at 3d modeling lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
I am a coder and web dev. I just really stink at 3d modeling lol.
Not saying I'm much into graphics, but I like to keep a couple of programs handy if i use them regularly

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/4...3/graphics.gif
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.