Lt. Commander
Space combat, supposed to be a team of 5, one guy auto-rejects team invites and turns on his cloak all game, doesn't fire, and we lose. Happened to me several times now, and it is frustrating as hell.

1) As players, we need some kind of recourse to the above (repetitive) scenario, a vote-to-kick option or something.

2) I would also suggest maybe on 5v5 arena maps implementing an auto-join team function, though that would be more of a convnience, really.

3) Please fix the report button so we can see the standings as they are OR give us a short list of participants that we can turn on and off, maybe something small off to the right side of the screen that you can partially see through.

4) If all the feds leave a map because they don't want to play, give us the option of leaving the map or explain that we are now waiting for more players to join.

I think really issue 1) is the most important to solve, either by doing a vote-to-kick option or limiting the number of points/creds they get, or (even better), not letting them have credit towards their mission because they didn't do ANY damage at all, or some combination of the three.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletTruth
3) Please fix the report button so we can see the standings as they are OR give us a short list of participants that we can turn on and off, maybe something small off to the right side of the screen that you can partially see through.
This is a UI issue - you can't click report because it's "under" another part of your HUD. Go into options, rearrange HUD and move the PvP mission piece down an inch or two, and you'll be able to click the report button.

You can also type /who to see who is currently in zone (since report doesn't remove people as they leave).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletTruth
4) If all the feds leave a map because they don't want to play, give us the option of leaving the map or explain that we are now waiting for more players to join.
You can leave a PvP game in progress as long as you're not in combat by clicking the button on the top-left of your minimap with the picture that looks like a spiral galaxy. It's generally considered bad form to do this unless you have a good reason, though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
This is a UI issue - you can't click report because it's "under" another part of your HUD. Go into options, rearrange HUD and move the PvP mission piece down an inch or two, and you'll be able to click the report button.

You can also type /who to see who is currently in zone (since report doesn't remove people as they leave).
Cool, this I did not know. Thanks for the info. The report button does sometimes work for me, it is just inconsistent, so I didn't think it would be a UI issue.

EDIT: Oh and by point 4), I meant more of an Automated message where it says "All opponents have left, click here to leave the area." or "Nothing on sensors, Captain, would you like to leave the sector?" something to that effect.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Use the report an issue to a gm. What you describe is griefing and they will deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
Use the report an issue to a gm. What you describe is griefing and they will deal with it.
If that is true, then I apologize. I wanted to bring it to the forums here since I am used to the usual "that is just a gameplay element, nothing will be done about it" responses I get from the boys at CCP.

I will do what you said, thanks Mike.

What is the best way to do this? Do I need to record a fraps video, or is a name/time/place sufficient?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
I have done that a couple times, only when it is 3 or 4 on 1 fed and wait till another fed shows up and balance the battle.