Lt. Commander
# 1 can't recruit new officers
02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I have an issue with not being able to get new bridge officers. I maintain an almost empty item inventory, even though this shouldn't affect the issue I'm having. When i try to complete the bridge officer missions it says, unable to complete, inventory is full. I HAD 4 open BO spots for new officers. thinking it may be a graphical thing that's just not being updated properly, i deleted two of my then extraneous officers.... now i STILL can't complete this mission or buy officers from the vendor on sol spacedock because it says i have no room.

My admiral level science ship has vacancies due to this and I'd really like for it to be resolved. anyone have a similar issue? if so, was it resolved? and if it's a stupidity moment on my part, i'd like to know how to fix it myself.

help please
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I think this has to do with the number of candidates awaiting your command (train up or join). From what I can tell, there is a max number of candidates you can have at a time, and it won't allow you to accept any more until you clear that list a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will-Saintly
I have an issue with not being able to get new bridge officers. I maintain an almost empty item inventory, even though this shouldn't affect the issue I'm having. When i try to complete the bridge officer missions it says, unable to complete, inventory is full. I HAD 4 open BO spots for new officers. thinking it may be a graphical thing that's just not being updated properly, i deleted two of my then extraneous officers.... now i STILL can't complete this mission or buy officers from the vendor on sol spacedock because it says i have no room.

My admiral level science ship has vacancies due to this and I'd really like for it to be resolved. anyone have a similar issue? if so, was it resolved? and if it's a stupidity moment on my part, i'd like to know how to fix it myself.

help please
This is a bug and may be caused by lag. Here is how I get around it: When I get the mission to recieve a new BO I accept the BO and then read the text (DO NOT close the mission window) if I get the error message about inventory I go back in and accept the BO again and the second time I get the BO without the error. So try accepting the BO a second time and it should show up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I've had the same thing happend at least twice. I just close the window, and then accept the mission reward again a few minutes later, and it works.