Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Beytan V Beam Down Fails
01-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Twice now I've tried going to Beytan on Vulcan Sector patrol. I can get in the system fine but when I try to beam down to Beytan V the loading screen takes -forever- then I get "server not responding", then I get "map has crashed or closed", and finally I get disconnected and dropped at the login screen. Should there not be a more graceful way for me to abort my beam down if there is some problem than just DC'ing me back to the login screen?

*edit*
Ugh... now when I log back in I get dropped in the Beytan System and immediately get "Disconnected from Server". Is the server about to go Tango Uniform again?

*edit part deux*
Okay... it must just be servers are overloaded or something. I finally escaped my DC loop, went to do another sector, came back, and got to the planet's surface. West Coast must be getting home and logging on now. I think I hear the servers crying from the load.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I got down there, but there's nothing for me to do. No missions no nothing. I have beamed down a couple of times and still nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
same problem here. try to beam down and i get disconected....beytan is out of reach..pls resolve the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Are you teamed or have open teaming enabled?

One workaround to try after getting a "server not responding" crash - get back to sector space - drop the mission - retake the mission and see if you can get into a newer instance of the map.

In any case - I've forwarded the issue to have someone look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I was having this problem but i found a way to do it just drop the quest and turn auto grouping off then go back 2 beytan v and do the quest and it will work. hope this helps