Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok got a few questions about PVP..

As im an admiral from very early in the game I didnt really get into PVP much as there wasnt much choice

Now that the lines have dropped to only a few hours , I can get into a match now and then, but I seem to be flying a ship made of paper whenever I get in..

1st up I get hit with something that just stops EVERYTHING, no powers, no weapons, no engines NOTHING.. Im just sitting there..

Then I start getting hit with a weapon that goes right through my shields, doesnt even touch em at all and eats up my hull pretty quick..

Then of course they cloak and wait for the cool down to repeat the same... happens so often that I dont even bother touching PVP any more..

So my questions..

What are these things being used against me ? I might have to try em

How (if at all) can I avoid it ? is there something I can do against it ?

Thanks for any info, as jumping into PVP is boring just to get frozen, killed.. frozen, killed... frozen, killed EVERY time and to get killed by a weapon that makes my shiels totally useless is a pain

Works very well, but is a pain
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Your problem is that you are coming to the party way late.

there are several threads in here on Fed PvP and how to succeed covering the powers used and their counters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
1st up I get hit with something that just stops EVERYTHING, no powers, no weapons, no engines NOTHING.. Im just sitting there..
Viral Matrix. It's a little purple sensor probe usually being thrown at ya from Birds of Prey, or carriers. When you do get hit, you can use science team on yourself and relieve the effects. Or one of your teammates use science team on you to the same end. Although this works most of the time, science team only has a chance to get rid of viral matrix, so it will not always work.
Quote:
Then I start getting hit with a weapon that goes right through my shields, doesnt even touch em at all and eats up my hull pretty quick..
Feedback pulse. This is an ability where the ship starts shimmering with a blue color. Any kind of beam damage that you will do to that ship will hurt you with higher hull damage. Most Klingons know how to crank it up so that every beam damage you deal will return with a 2-3K+ hull damage to your ship. I'm not kiddin, if you are doing a broadside 1/2 cycles of your weapons will most surely kill you. So you gotta watch for that blue shimmer. If you see it, test the damage. Fire only 1-2 beams. If the damage is something like 20-200 per beam hit, then you're good, you can heal through it as it won't really matter.

Both of these abilities are heay science abilities as you will need to have a Lieutenant Commander Science BO slot on your ship to be able to use them properly, which on the Federation side is only restricted to the science ship. But you can fit any kind of BO's on the Birds of Prey.. thus during PvP you will come across BoP's that will subnucleonic beam you, then viral matrix you 2 times, just in case you get out of the 1st one. There were even times when I got viral matrix'd 3 times over and over in a pvp game.

PS: Subnucleonic beam is a science officer only ability where they hit you with a purple beam which puts all of your abilities into cooldown. If it's cranked up enough, you won't be able to use your ship for 20+ seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Eh you noob, starting PvPing at admiral level hows that even possible? Now you need your Marks of Honor and you get pwned over and over. Ow well, better late than never. I think Diligent said everything you asked, I can provide you with short overview in game if you want, just PM me here and we can meet in game and do some PvP, I will show and tell you what skills you need.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Thanks Diligent, explains a lot.

And yea was late, but I power leveled through and when I looked into PVP there was none for Admirals, so ive not bothered for a while..

I only do the daily when its in Kerrat now, no 3 hours waits for that one, the others should be called Weeklies though the lines are getting shorter now there are a lot more Kling admirals.. so I have a bit of learning to do
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Oh one thing I dont get though, its not FBP that gets me through my shields, when this happens I have no weapons so am not firing beams to get the damage sent back ? it a weapon they are hitting me with, I see it hitting and my shields dont go down at all.. but my hull goes down in large chunks