Lt. Commander
# 1 Nerve Pinch
03-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Making a Vulcan I made the obvious choice of nerve pinch, maybe thinking too much of games with dialog options and other such things. I've tried to use it in combat and it rarely ever succeeds, which makes sense when you're being hacked at with a sword. It is completely useless and I'm not missing something and should dump it at respec, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValeriusCato View Post
Making a Vulcan I made the obvious choice of nerve pinch, maybe thinking too much of games with dialog options and other such things. I've tried to use it in combat and it rarely ever succeeds, which makes sense when you're being hacked at with a sword. It is completely useless and I'm not missing something and should dump it at respec, right?
I found that taking a magic spell as a trait is not such a great idea. They have a huge cooldown and you get better spells from kits later on. I got to admit I was tempted by the vulcan strangle, though.

Im supprised it doesnt work 100% of the time. It should, as you have to give up another valuable trait just to get this one spell.

You could bug it, if you like being ignored by Cryptic. Or you could just shrug it off and make another char. (dont delete this guy if you have the efficient engines!)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValeriusCato View Post
Yeah I took it too on one of my alts and it does suck.

The animation doesn't always show (which kinda ruins it for me), it's resisted half the time and it's got a really long cooldown for no reason whatsoever.

The borg neural blast is ten time better and it's on a one minute cooldown, that's balance for you.