Lt. Commander
Just three suggestions to introduce new game play experiences in the MMORPG Space combat.

!st, the Galaxy-X class seen in the final episode of TNG- All Good Things. I think that now that we are in the future, we can maybe see a nice treat- the Galaxy-X finally being included in what is now what I consider the standard universe for startrek at the time (I hope the next show takes up in the MMORPG universe). Getting to see it officially being a refit for the Galaxy!

off topic- I have really enjoyed ST games in the past, but they all lacked something; Story complexity and depth. This game has the best storyline of any startrek game I have ever played. So much so that I'd say its probably my fav part of the game, which means I'll be at it for a while. I want them to maybe base a new show off of it?...Somebody wanna back me on that?

2nd, Multi Vector Attack mode- maybe you can switch what part of the ship you control by pressing shift or something to cycle through the parts.

3rd, I have always wanted to pilot a crashing saucer section into a planet, quite like Data ended up doing in ST Generations...which would lead me see if I can find a way to crash and blow up at the exact same moment.

Anyway, just a few silly worth-mentionings.

lv comments. gg
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 09:05 AM
if the Galaxy X was ingame i would so roll a fed.

because of the current time, i have no idea why it ISNT ingame, Picard was still alive when Riker was what, Admiral ?

but i think Riker refited the ship himself ( Custom ) so its just a major modified Gal
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Deanna is the one who helmed the ship crash in Generations, not Data. It's why I winced when she was told to take the helm in Star Trek: Nemesis (where she proceeded to ram the Scimitar).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiraxus
Deanna is the one who helmed the ship crash in Generations, not Data. It's why I winced when she was told to take the helm in Star Trek: Nemesis (where she proceeded to ram the Scimitar).
Deanna is part Klingon. She has to be. She's all about the ramming speed :p

Now I have to go watch that again, darn you!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
she was in a relationship with Worf.

so thats why she likes ramming speed
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 02:07 PM
MVA and Saucer sep would present obvious problems, not just the piloting thing, but game function too. What happens if half your ship is destroyed? If your Prometheus ends up with only 1 of 3 hull segments or you just end up with your saucer still alive?

Seperating your ship turns 1 battlecruiser/heavy crusier into 3 light cruisers/1 cruiser/1 science ship in terms of strength and breakdown fo the two modes. It's just not worth it to waste all that time and effort coding something that's merely got a "wow" factor and no appreciable value.

as for galaxy X, yes it is ugly as sin and even the design team who made the model have no idea what they were smoking when they put so many spoilers on the ship (Doug Drexler's own words there), but it technically should be in the game now considering it is the 25th century, and let's not forget the All Good Things uniforms too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Canonically it was already ditched as a bad idea.
The galaxy originally was never intended to use it as a battle tactic, but as an escape maneuver since the saucer is not connected with the main engines or warp core.

The Prometheus was a prototype to test out the idea, and it proved to be too problematic. If one of the sections is destroyed, if the docking mechanisms are damaged all could force the ship back into dry dock.

So without even going into the implications of spending the time to program this in game for only two ships (both feds) I think it won't find its way into this game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankah View Post
she was in a relationship with Worf.

so thats why she likes ramming speed
Oh man, that really sounds bad... lol