Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 trapped in "Trapped!"
02-28-2010, 12:35 AM
I got stuck in the quest "Trapped." Seems a wormhole suddenly opens and sucks you out of the debris field you're floating in and into the wormhole. A neat idea. Would've been cool, too, had I not gotten lodged against a large piece of debris between me and the wormhole FOR TWO HOURS lol.

I tried /stuck. it didnt work

It prompted me to try /killme --cryptically, it did not, in fact, ever try to kill me. Instead it offered me some choices.

1) change maps
Nice idea, but it told me there were no other maps to send me to. The quest was a single-player instance, thus there was nowhere to go.

2) exit mission
Nice idea, but when this occurs, you are in combat, and stay in combat, and that button gets greyed out.

or

3) contact a GM

well, left with only that, i did. I wrote my message and it told me to wait for a GM. I waited. for two hours. All the while I kept using my engine speed buff cooldowns and trying to break free. After two hours of trying, i finally did, by a total accident.

Days later, i got this from a GM in the form of a ticket response on the website.

I tried to contact you in game but it looks like you may have logged off. Should the issue persist, please update this ticket with as many details as possible and we will attempt to contact you again. Please be aware that there are options available to you when you become stuck. Changing instances will move you to the nearest spawn location should you become stuck in a public zone. If you are stuck inside of mission, each mission has an option that allows you to leave. You may access this option by click on the "Abort Mission" button located on the left side of your mini-map. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however it will allow you to get back into action. We look forward to helping you resolve your issue. Thank you for playing!

apparently, they ignored my explanations that changing instances or aborting missions were unavailable to me in this case. They also closed the ticket so i could not, in fact, update it and never, ever tried to reach me ingame albeit I played, since then, from commander to admiral.

Anyway, no hate or fuss over the versights, thought I'd share them tho, and this particular issue, because in talking to other players its a common issue.

A simple fix? Drop the collision on the debris.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 09:02 PM
or have to /killme command simply just kill you, I got stuck on a ground mission and that would've helped a lot...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I had exactly the same problem hehe.
Gut stuck in a piece of metal while the wormhole tries to suck you in.

Simple solution that worked for me:

Quit the game.
Wait 15 minutes.
Respawn in the galaxy map and do it again.

But you´re right it´s annoying and scared the hell out of me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 07:24 AM
I got stuck in the same way. Hit GM ticket, actually opened two using both options, and was seen to in 15 mins. Maybe I was lucky ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 11:17 AM
This issue is being looked at and a fix is being tested for an upcoming build
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Happened to me too. Until there is a fix there are things one can do to escape if one doesn't want to try their luck and wait around for a GM. 1) Use the Abandon Ship ability if you have it 2) Join a PvP Queue, play it or leave, you'll then be in sector space again and can 'continue' the mission which will put you directly into the wormhole instance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I had a similarly dumb problem with the Trapped mission.

Specifically, I wasn't trapped. After being sucked into the worm hole, I am told that I need to hail the other ships to find a way out. But... I like to search for anomolies. The scan button was telling me that there were two in the area, but it was not displaying the 'beam' that points you toward the nearest one. So, I wandered around for a bit, wondering where they were. I ended up flying toward the 'entrance' that I came in from, and guess what? It warped me back out to the junk area. The USS Griffon was even next to me, thanking me for saving them. What?

I had accidently skipped to the end of the mission. However, the mission was still at the earlier step, where I needed to beam onto the hirogen ship, inside the wormhole. But I didn't have a way back into the wormhole.

I managed to fix this problem by exiting to sector space, and then using the "Continue: XXX" option. This put me onto the Hirogen ship where I needed to be.

This was definately a "What the...." moment.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I was also trapped in Trap. /stuck did not work, and /killme puts you in queue for a GM.

I pulled myself out of the mission by going into a PvP queue.