Lt. Commander
# 1 Confused
03-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Im a sce character. I have alot of my commander skills trained to lvl 9 so I'm able to train my BO's in say tacyon beam 3 etc etc. Well in the train skills window they actually show as Lt commander skills. Also, I have some tactical type skills at the lt commander rank trained to lvl 9 so I could train my BO's in skills like torp high yield 3 and such but none of the other skills I have to lvl 9 except the sce ones are trainable to my BO's. I suspect thats because im a sce character but the game isn't to clear on that. Does anyone know if thats how it's suppose to be? or is it broken? Thanks in advance for any answers you may have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmet View Post
Im a sce character. I have alot of my commander skills trained to lvl 9 so I'm able to train my BO's in say tacyon beam 3 etc etc. Well in the train skills window they actually show as Lt commander skills. Also, I have some tactical type skills at the lt commander rank trained to lvl 9 so I could train my BO's in skills like torp high yield 3 and such but none of the other skills I have to lvl 9 except the sce ones are trainable to my BO's. I suspect thats because im a sce character but the game isn't to clear on that. Does anyone know if thats how it's suppose to be? or is it broken? Thanks in advance for any answers you may have.
Yes that is the way it works, you can only train Bo's in the class that your main is. So as a Sci character you can not train Tac or Eng skills to your BO's.

If you fly only a Science ship this will have no affect on you because your Tac and Eng officers never get a console above the LT level so only the first 2 space skills can be used by them. If you fly a different ship it will hinder you. You will need to find BO's with the skills you want your officers to have and train them up that way.