Lt. Commander
# 1 Scramble Sensors question....
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
What is the effect of this in PvP? Not the jam sensors one, but the one that makes enemies target their allies...

I know it works wonders on PvE content, but couldn't it easily be avoided in PvP by manually clicking on the ship you want to attack?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
From what I hear, when you get hit by Scramble Sensors in PvP, you lose your safeties that prevent you from targeting your team, and all ships become a uniform color. As long as you pay attention to what you target, the scrambling shouldn't be anything more than a slight nuisance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylenium
What is the effect of this in PvP? Not the jam sensors one, but the one that makes enemies target their allies...

I know it works wonders on PvE content, but couldn't it easily be avoided in PvP by manually clicking on the ship you want to attack?
I've been spamming this in PvP to test it out. Apparently it has no real effect unless your fighting some lazy people who dont pay attention..

First, it doesn't make them un-target thier current target.. so if they are shooting someone they can just keep right on shooting them and ignore it.. which means the 15 seconds will pass with no effect..

If they aren't targeting someone all they have to do is tab around untill the find a fed and start shooting.. this is where the not paying attention comes in as all it really does is makes it possible to target your allies..

Needless to say.. not a good PvP ability.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
I've been spamming this in PvP to test it out. Apparently it has no real effect unless your fighting some lazy people who dont pay attention..

First, it doesn't make them un-target thier current target.. so if they are shooting someone they can just keep right on shooting them and ignore it.. which means the 15 seconds will pass with no effect..

If they aren't targeting someone all they have to do is tab around untill the find a fed and start shooting.. this is where the not paying attention comes in as all it really does is makes it possible to target your allies..

Good to know... its easy mode PvE... so I'll just train an extra officer with it and just switch them when I want to go to PvP...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Perhaps it could be nice to have one SS power in PVP though, since if a group decloaks on top of you it might buy you enough time to get away or still be alive when your friends get there. I'll try to test it and get back with ya
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post

This is probably one of the stronger PvP abilities in the game, especially late. Mucking up attacking is not really its purpose, but instead confusing support. If they take damage while targeting you and hit sci/engi team, they'll heal you instead. Since late game is based around healing friendlies and switching focus fires to avoid certain skills, it becomes incredibly powerful. It's also a debuff that can eat Sci teams so VM and SNB can stick.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 08:04 AM
I think some of you are underrating its uses in PVP.

As soon as an enemy is hit with scramble sensors, they lose their target and automatically focus on a new one; if there are allies present, those friendly targets will have priority. That means that if they were attacking something, suddenly they will be forced into targeting their allies for a couple of seconds. Hitting the space bar will commit them to attacking with about four rounds to that target. After that sort of 'forced re-targeting', they can target anything by manually clicking. But those couple of seconds of forced re-targeting can be crucial.

It also has somewhat of an 'interrupting' property, in the sense that if an enemy is attacking one target, getting hit by scramble sensors midway of a round of firing will instantly cease their firing on their initial target and their rounds will finish off on the newly acquired target.

Finally, scramble sensors will mess up AoE skill targeting for the whole duration. So, although you can manually click a target during scramble to fire at them, you cannot manually click on a target to precisely use an AoE skill on them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
It is also great when the enemy is laying down mines. Once they are hit with Scramble Sensors they all get targeted by their own mines. Boom baby!

I know... I was on the receiving end of it.

Ouch!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
personally I flip flop on its usefulness in PvP. A note to a previous posters however.

it does not break your current target 9 times out of 10 I can continue to attack and even though my target goes from red to blue I still stay on target... UNLESS he's not in my cameras view then my auto attacking will swap targets on me. Since I usually keep my nose pointed at him he's got to do some fancy flying to have scramble have any noticeable effect on me.

However this really messes up my ability to use support. trying to target a friendly for a science team or extend shield and still attack is almost impossible. Also this seriously messes with my ability to heal myself when targeting an enemy while scrambled. There have been embarrassing occasions where I've science teamed my enemy target. Or fired on the target I was trying to use extend shield on.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
The real point is there are better more useful skills for PVP such as Hazard team, Shieldtransfer, and multiple science teams so have 1 when forced to use your first one. The most useful skills in PVP are ones that heal your hull, your shields , and do the same with teammates. Guns are for doing your damage in my opinion. The skills like Jam Sensors, Scramble sensors, Tractor beams, and such are easily countered. BO Skills will come in and out of fashion but utlimately the fight is won with guns and heals everything else is less important.

K'rapok Cptn KDF