Lt. Commander
Just curious? I played closed/open beta for PotBS for a few years but quit shortly after release. I'm curious to see if anyone else played!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
I played from the tail end of beta...until I forget when.

Was on The Rack. Pirate.

Did a lot of Flags and Sails.

Left because of being sick to death of inconsistency, and lost interest due to the overzealous death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I played the closed beta, enjoyed the hell out of it especially pvp with a good guild behind you. The trouble is once you've conquered the Caribbean once where do you go from there?

I returned for a month before STO came out, nothing much had changed since release. Didn't even play out the month.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I was pretty active in a British Naval guild but it got old quick to me, I was just looking for other player to see if I knew anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I was a pirate.. on Morgan.. then they moved us to Antigua. Game just lost flavor somehow. /shrug.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
My story is pretty much the same as most posting here. I played during Open Beta (Hell, I may've played near the tail-end of Closed Beta, I forget: it was awhile ago.).

I *wanted* to sign for a month afterwards, but I didn't. I generally liked the game, but felt it was missing "something". Maybe it was ground combat (although I heard it is better now). I think people were comparing it to Eve Online in terms of a "time sink" and I could see it. Not the PvP persay, although losing would be one, but the Trading/making commodities and the Auction House.

Such things are fun for some players, but I wanted more action. Also, I really didn't find a guild. I enjoyed the particular international servers (such as the French-populated one). It also seemed, to me, that if a particular nation.guild really got hold of a particular server, there was very little an individual player, such as myself, could do about it. True, I probably needed to join a Guild, but I am still looking for one.

I know it is an MMO, but it didn't really seem to be too fair to a single player. Sure, I could avoid conflicts and be good in a fight, but after awhile...meh. Still, I love the setting. I may try it out again..."one day"...