Lt. Commander
# 1 Much needed Ground Vehicles
03-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Firstly its a great game i love it But great games can be expanded to make them even better again. I was thinking about ground combat. When your on a planet outside what about the idea of ground vehicles e,g tanks, argo, jeeps....And if Rear Admirals could command Federation Carriers?

I was also thinking of bridge officer and ships. When there discharged instead of dissapearing why not get the option to trade or sell them?It would be like a bridge officer is transferring starship and a ship is getting a new commanding officer.

Ground vehicles would be savage though. It would give more options to ground combat and make it far more intresting. Just imagine your fear if you walked into a dominion or romulan tank:O But the Feds will have them too let tanks be beemed down from the ship aswel as jeeps such as the argo and shuttle craft or fighters. It would make ground combat alot more challenging. Flying a fighter through the skies blowing up jeeps and tanksmouth is watering. Or what about using stealth to sneak up behind an enemys vehicle and hijack it or disable everyone aboard. The possibilities are endless......

I would like to see a new ranking system were higher ranks are harder to get to keep us intrested in the game.(Leveling wise i mean) Ranks at the moment are too easy to obtain. Lower ranks and top ranks should get more missions to expand game play. I understand why cryptic wants players at the top rank eg so we can have access to the raids etc but still a better rank system would bring longer life and more gameplay.What about making admiral ranks harder to achieve and give them more powers and command options.

Diffuculty:
Easy*
Normal**
Hard***
Very Hard ****
Extremely Hard*****
Advanced******
Expert*******

What if the ranks went like this...

Cadet: Start of STO.

* Ensign lvl1-10: Get command of runabout under an admiral.

* Lieutenant Juinor Grade Lvl 1-10:Command Runabout & 1 bridge officer.

** Lieutenant Lvl 1-10: Command Fighter craft(Tactical),Repair ship(Engineering),Scout(Science) & 2 Bridge officers.

*** Lieutenant Commander Lvl 1-10: Command Tier 1 ships or a frigate & 4 bridge officers.

*** Commander Lvl 1-10: Command tier 2 ships & 6 bridge officers.

**** Captain Lvl 1-10(Legendary Rank):Command tier 3 & 4 & 5 ships & 8 bridge officers.

**** Rear Admiral Lower Half Lvl 1-10:Command a new tier 6 ship line which includes carriers & 10 bridge officers(one of these officers can access Capt rank).

(The following ranks are limited for players:Reserved only for the best)

***** Rear Admiral Lvl 1-10:command Tier 1 starbase to protect your starbase(These ships cannot leave the system your starbase is located)(Cryptic decides what starbase you command as there are a limited number)(Not all players can exceed above Rear admiral)

***** Vice Admiral Lvl 1-10:Command Tier 2 starbase & 1 support ship to protect your starbase

****** Admiral:Lvl 1-10:Command tier 3 starbase & 2 support ships

******* Fleet Admiral:Get 2 additional support ships to protect your starbase.

Let me know what you think

Ive forget to add in more ranks would need more missions to supplement them.For now the rank system will do until cryptic can make alot more missions for every rank to complete.More content in the game aswel as attracting more players would be a big boost. I love this game already and there is lots to do but ranking up atm is far too fast.These ranks are also cannon i might add.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Good to see more people posting more ideas. Ground vehicles would be really cool but I think they would have to have bigger planet maps or they would be pretty useless. As the planet maps are, its only about the size of an MMO city.

As for ranks... my personal thought on that is that they didnt leave room to grow as it stands. There could be some more minor ranks at earlier levels with access to more ships. The problem, that I see, is there are not many ranks after admiral. I could be mistaken on that but if in expansions years down the road.... Are we going to be like Fleet Admiral 100? That would seem pretty silly after every other rank only has 10 levels. I think they should have stopped the ranks at captain. They could have kept all the levels but captain is where they should have stopped. Perhaps put more levels in between ranks but offer ship upgrades in the middle of the level or something.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 02:48 AM
A good "next step" would be retro fitted T5 ships with extra BO ranks available. Weapon hardpoints aren't going to do much since so many ships are strapped for weapon energy anyways, but allowing additional (and varied) Lt. C and Commander BO powers would be a definate plus.

And you both are right. They didn't leave much room for rank increases.