Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Voyager movie anyone?
I would have liked to see a movie based on Voyager, it was my favorite show after TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2010, 08:34 AM
i would make a star trek movie off the book The Return. great book kinda cheesy why would the borg waste tech to clone kirk to take out the Enterprise D crew but still a very good book.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I really enjoyed the most recent Star Trek movie, so I would make a sequel to that.

Thematically, I think it would have to be the "Empire" of Star Trek movies. Trek XI ended with Kirk essentially being rewarded for what he is -- a "Ready, Fire, Aim" type hellion. I would enjoy seeing XII counter that by having Kirk learn the burdens of command and the necessity for following orders. Maybe his recklessness causes another ship to be destroyed, or causes him to lose an away team. I'd rather not see any of the main characters killed or the ship destroyed, because that's kind of a cliche.

Additionally, I'd like to see the growth of the relationship between Kirk and Spock. After the traumatic event of the previous paragraph, maybe Spock helps him turn it around, or defends him during his court martial, or whatever.

Finally, I'd like to see the Klingons as the villains. Maybe do a version of the "Balance of Terror" battle, but with Klingons instead of Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2010, 09:03 AM
How would I make the next Trek moive?

Wth a spatula.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBot View Post
I really enjoyed the most recent Star Trek movie, so I would make a sequel to that.

Thematically, I think it would have to be the "Empire" of Star Trek movies. Trek XI ended with Kirk essentially being rewarded for what he is -- a "Ready, Fire, Aim" type hellion. I would enjoy seeing XII counter that by having Kirk learn the burdens of command and the necessity for following orders. Maybe his recklessness causes another ship to be destroyed, or causes him to lose an away team. I'd rather not see any of the main characters killed or the ship destroyed, because that's kind of a cliche.

Additionally, I'd like to see the growth of the relationship between Kirk and Spock. After the traumatic event of the previous paragraph, maybe Spock helps him turn it around, or defends him during his court martial, or whatever.

Finally, I'd like to see the Klingons as the villains. Maybe do a version of the "Balance of Terror" battle, but with Klingons instead of Romulans.
What to enjoy!!!!! this move was not even in star trek reality all it had in common with Gene Roddebenrys Star Trek was the nam itself some characters and name of the ship!!! This movie was a dissaster for Trekkies but good fun for all other who like big ships big enemys and big explosions. This movie was o commercial producation without a heart of the star trek i watched it and doe it was good for a Movie but it was dissaster as a Star Trek movie... NO MORE JJ AMBRAMS B..L S...T They should make a true story about star trek and not some twisted altarnate reality that has nothing to do with the originall.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:

I enjoyed the movie also, and not all trekkies hated it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croyd View Post
I enjoyed the movie also, and not all trekkies hated it.
I had no idea there was all of this animosity toward it. After "Insurrection" and "Nemesis", XI looks like the Citizen Kane of Star Trek movies.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
I had no idea there was all of this animosity toward it. After "Insurrection" and "Nemesis", XI looks like the Citizen Kane of Star Trek movies.
Yes there are. Those movies werent that good as for example First Contact, i liked Nemesis doe, but some (not all) Trekkies hate the new XI movie and WITH GOOD REASONS!!!! (They blowe up ROMULUS, and twisted Kirk Spock relation for starters)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Nemesis is a great Trek film.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I loved Insurrection AND Nemesis. so there:p