Lt. Commander
Engineering BOffs drop the Medical Generator (if they have it) every time the skill has cooled down.
This is a Bug.
The behavior should be that they will drop the Medical Generator every time the skill has cooled down while in combat (ie. Red Alert) ... but NOT do so when not in combat.

The generators themselves "work" as far as granting the buffs that they're supposed to and everything ... they're just being deployed "too often" and under circumstances that the BOff AI "ought to know better" than to do.

If you have an Engineering BOff with the Medical Generator skill ... or HAD one with it and retrained them to something else (less annoying) ... please "sign" below so that the Devs can get some more accurate feedback as to how consistent (and annoying?) this situation is for this skill.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I got fed up with them doing this as well, now they use turrets
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 08:51 PM
yup i usually just send her into battle by waypoint, just so she dies and stops doing it haha.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I might add, that you can't currently get them to STOP dropping the generator every 30 sec or so. (I even tried right-clicking on the ability next to their name. Had no effect.)

The goofy AI behaviour, combined with the relatively low healing from the ability, meant I retrained that Officer after a few away missions. It's an interesting idea, to give Engineers a bit of AE healing. However, as the skill currently works, it is not at all usefull.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis23
I might add, that you can't currently get them to STOP dropping the generator every 30 sec or so. (I even tried right-clicking on the ability next to their name. Had no effect.)

The goofy AI behaviour, combined with the relatively low healing from the ability, meant I retrained that Officer after a few away missions. It's an interesting idea, to give Engineers a bit of AE healing. However, as the skill currently works, it is not at all usefull.
Agreed.
They do this will shield generators too. Just randomly drop them any old place, whether it's a good tacticcal decision or not. So long as the cooldown is over, they drop it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I have this problem as well. If everyone with the problem could reply here, we can get a good count going
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by perbo View Post
I have this problem as well. If everyone with the problem could reply here, we can get a good count going
I'm so ready to get rid of this for something else. Just yesterday I was on a ground mission and went thru an area where i had to jump over some guide wires or something coming off between buildings. All my team made it but my engineer. Then she decides this is a good spot for a medical generator, and drops it in just the right spot to trap her dopey butt there. I tried everything short of zoneing out to get her loose. Ended up just doing the mission without her. At least they can make it so we can turn those types of abilities off.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Line View Post
Engineering BOffs drop the Medical Generator (if they have it) every time the skill has cooled down.
This is a Bug.
The behavior should be that they will drop the Medical Generator every time the skill has cooled down while in combat (ie. Red Alert) ... but NOT do so when not in combat.

The generators themselves "work" as far as granting the buffs that they're supposed to and everything ... they're just being deployed "too often" and under circumstances that the BOff AI "ought to know better" than to do.

If you have an Engineering BOff with the Medical Generator skill ... or HAD one with it and retrained them to something else (less annoying) ... please "sign" below so that the Devs can get some more accurate feedback as to how consistent (and annoying?) this situation is for this skill.
This issue annoys the hell out of me. You have to wait for your BOs to catch up, hope they don't have pathing problems in the process and then wait for the cool down to clear before engaging the enemy. I thought switching the crew to Passive Mode out of combat would fix this but alas no. I'm now looking at what to switch this skill out for.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Same here, and there has to be a third thing BOs build everywhere. I got so annoyed by the shield generator, I re-trained it away from all BOs, but yesterday I noticed that one builds a turret or something instead. I forgot what it was, its not a shield, and its not the Medical Generator (thats bugged too for me), have to check what it was.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
This is the most annoying thing ever. I thought it' make my eng boff more usefull, but i don't even want to take him anymore cause he's laggin behind dropping generators every 20 seconds.