Lt. Commander
Is there a way to get more 5-Day buddy codes? I gave mine to a co-worker the week before last and he ended up liking the game and buying a retail copy. I have a few friends who are also interested in giving the game a go, but I can't obtain any more buddy codes. It would be cool if a buddy code you give out gets converted to a retail account, you get a new code to give out. This would help prevent gold spammers from getting their hands on a supply of buddy codes without buying a retail copy which wouldn't be cost effective for them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteKLM
Is there a way to get more 5-Day buddy codes? I gave mine to a co-worker the week before last and he ended up liking the game and buying a retail copy. I have a few friends who are also interested in giving the game a go, but I can't obtain any more buddy codes. It would be cool if a buddy code you give out gets converted to a retail account, you get a new code to give out. This would help prevent gold spammers from getting their hands on a supply of buddy codes without buying a retail copy which wouldn't be cost effective for them.
AFAIK that's the way it works - if the buddy code's converted to a reytail aco**** by SUBSCRIIBING, you get another code to give out. It's done that way to prevent spammers from exploiting the buddy system...when your friend bought a retail copy he basically is forcing you to wait until the key expires adn they generate another one...takes about 2 months, IIRC.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
That doesnt seem right, i gave my brother a buddy key from my account, less then 24 hours after activating it, he bought the retail game. But the buddy key didnt reset for me.