Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I thought this was a thread about making your own Borg using the in-game character creator.

I actually didn't like any of the "Borg" options I saw in game..so made my own.

Works well IMHO.

I also made an entire Borg BoFF crew using by using generic Aliens.

The "Infected" skin texture works great and you can use it to approximate any Borg look.

Honestly, save yourself a few bucks and create your own Borg...
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Klingons would KILL Borg... not liberate those honorless P'Taks who let themself get captured by the enemy!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
I always understood that the liberated Borg could only be human. What disappointed me was that my Borg character does not seem to have the Borg traits I thought it would have, so I got the bad complexion but nothing else.
The Borg traits should be there. They just only show up in the stats window when you're on the ground, not in space. I don't know if that's a bug or not.

As for the main topic, I was a little disappointed that there weren't other racial options, but I can deal with it. What really annoyed me is the sheer ugliness of the Borg accessories. I'd have preferred options more subtle like Seven of Nine's eye thing or her arm/hand.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
I thought this was a thread about making your own Borg using the in-game character creator.

I actually didn't like any of the "Borg" options I saw in game..so made my own.

Works well IMHO.

I also made an entire Borg BoFF crew using by using generic Aliens.

The "Infected" skin texture works great and you can use it to approximate any Borg look.

Honestly, save yourself a few bucks and create your own Borg...

Yes, it is about using the character creator to make a Borg. I thought said Borg had certain Borg traits apart from appearance, but I thought I had misunderstood. Then yesterday, I saw someone who looked like Borg at Memory Alpha and I asked them if they had Borg abilities and they told me their character has them. Mine does not.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Issue with my Liberated Borg BOs - they are female. Both. I'd be fine with one male, one female. But not like that. I don't want yet another 7 of 9 clone. I want a Hugh clone, a One clone, a Locutus clone - or a General Korok clone on the Klingon side.
You got what you paid for here, however. Every reference to the Borg BO was female. There was no ambiguity as there was with the Borg PC for the pre-order lifetime subs.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Issue with my Liberated Borg BOs - they are female. Both. I'd be fine with one male, one female. But not like that. I don't want yet another 7 of 9 clone. I want a Hugh clone, a One clone, a Locutus clone - or a General Korok clone on the Klingon side.
Be nice to have a One clone, then we could have 27th century tech.

Don't see that happening for a few centuries.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
You got what you paid for here, however. Every reference to the Borg BO was female. There was no ambiguity as there was with the Borg PC for the pre-order lifetime subs.
I wanted to have a Borg BO but was told that I would have to be the Borg, that Borg BO's were not available.
Later, I discovered that some people, because of where they ordered the game, did have Borg BO's and all I could get was a Borg appearance.

I would like to have a Borg BO and prefer that to being the Borg. I don't care whether my Borg is male or female. Perhaps Cryptic can offer one for Cryptic Points.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
I wanted to have a Borg BO but was told that I would have to be the Borg, that Borg BO's were not available.
Later, I discovered that some people, because of where they ordered the game, did have Borg BO's and all I could get was a Borg appearance.

I would like to have a Borg BO and prefer that to being the Borg. I don't care whether my Borg is male or female. Perhaps Cryptic can offer one for Cryptic Points.
You may get that opportunity. The Cryptic team has said some of the preorder bonus items might be available in the C-Store at a later date.