Lt. Commander
# 1 My Last experiment
03-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Has been to run without RSP at all the last day.

And I have found that things are just fine without it...

I replaced it with emergency power to weapons II to run full cannons for more time with no drain....and damage and healing both went up...shocking I know!

Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Funny. After leveling to BG 5 without using RSP or FBP at all, I tried them out a couple days ago. Nothing phenomenal. I went back to resist tanking and being my big dopey Vo'Quv like always. I'd like to say it's unwise to profess you can live without it, though. People might start catching on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepishOne View Post
Funny. After leveling to BG 5 without using RSP or FBP at all, I tried them out a couple days ago. Nothing phenomenal. I went back to resist tanking and being my big dopey Vo'Quv like always. I'd like to say it's unwise to profess you can live without it, though. People might start catching on.
you CAN live without it, but when your getting alpha striked by 3-4 players the skill is your best friend. 1 button and you live as compared to 3-4.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 12:23 AM
yeah, its part of my BoP exit strategy...that and science team works well. I get a shield buff as I break off and extend away, plus a possibly brief reprive from Sensor Scan to hamper my battle-cloak egress.

A science BoP set up as an Electronic Warfare Frigate has a surprisingly effective survival rate...increases its lethality too. Its so win-win. No I cant hit has hard as tactical BoP...but gee-whiz, Im a BoP, how much harder do I really need to hit?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
you CAN live without it, but when your getting alpha striked by 3-4 players the skill is your best friend. 1 button and you live as compared to 3-4.
really depends its not always the 100% lifesaver.

and no you dont need it you can live with out it but seeing its the only skill that doesnt shares a cooldown with my other Bo skills i use it tho.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaris View Post
really depends its not always the 100% lifesaver.

and no you dont need it you can live with out it but seeing its the only skill that doesnt shares a cooldown with my other Bo skills i use it tho.
*shakes his head in wonder*

Hazard Emitters same thing...

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Its best to run to avoid alpha strikes. EP-E I all the way !
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Its best to run to avoid alpha strikes. EP-E I all the way !
Aye aye let the cruisers take the alpha! :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
*shakes his head in wonder*

Hazard Emitters same thing...

already using those still also that skill doesnt share a cooldown with rps