Lt. Commander
# 1 How to make this like Star Trek
03-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I am quite upset, so bare with me. I was thinking that this game was supposed to be Star Trek. I have watched Star Trek since my childhood, watching the Enterprise go through countless battles and adventures, and that is what I wanted when I loaded up this game.

Fact: The Enterprise never exploded without the self-destruct being initiated. No amount of Klingons ever managed to take out the Old E, no matter how outgunned they were. They didn’t need a fleet, they did it by themselves or maybe with one other ship.

My suggestions to make this more like the show is this:

Fed PvP would be 1 or 2 vs 20 Klingons. The Klingons need to be toned down so that only with focused fire from all 20, could their ships shields ever be dropped… and then the Feds could utilize one of the skills below.

Fed skills to be introduced or changed.

Miracle Worker
– this would be only for Federation Engineers and Bridge Officers. You can use this only once per PvP encounter, but it would fully repair your ship and make your Phasers bypass all shields and automatically target all subsystems. It allows you to hit every ship in the instance, and instantly kill or disable all of them.

Green Blooded, Inhuman.. – This skill makes you automatically decloak any ship within 100km for the remainder of the instance.

Hypospray
– This skill enables you to edit the score to whatever you would like. On ground, you will be invincible for 9000 seconds.

I believe that the introduction of these skills and adjustments to PvP would put this game much more in line with the shows and the IP.

In addition to this would be the immediate removal of all Klingon players from the Forums.

This would make everything much more balanced and allow for a much happier community. Klingon opinions don’t count.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I smell an infraction for intentional trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 08:10 AM
I take it your avatar is a form of troll...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgmo
I smell an infraction for intentional trolling.
Why? THIS IS WHAT THE SHOW IS LIKE!!

I can even name all the episodes that showed this!

Take it as humor and a way to understand that a game cannot mimic the show or it wouldn't be any fun at all.

It is supposed to make you laugh, not be taken seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Can anyone tell me that this isn't what the show was like?

In the last 10 mins of the show, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Dr Cusher, Data or Geordi would come up with some vaccine, technological gadget or rerouted something with something else to save the day.

What I am also saying is that balance needs to be achieved. There should never be a skill that has no counter. There should never be a single build that is unkillable. There also needs to be better communication between teammembers, this is started with autogrouping in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 08:28 AM
So you think that Klingons should be no better then a weak little -20 NPC and that Feds should always be +49?

That is one of the WORST Ideas I've read about!

If Star Trek Would have been about the Klingons, and a Klingon ship, that one Klingon ship would have been just as tough as the Enterprise you know and love. It doesn't matter how tough that one ship was. That was a fantasy STORY about that ONE ship. That was not the Basis of the entire Star Trek universe.

You want your ship to be that tough? MAKE IT that tough! Take any skills, consoles, or other wise in order to get that tough.

Silly Troll
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
What I am also saying is that balance needs to be achieved. There should never be a skill that has no counter. There should never be a single build that is unkillable. There also needs to be better communication between teammembers, this is started with autogrouping in pvp.
This I can get on board with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
So you think that Klingons should be no better then a weak little -20 NPC and that Feds should always be +49?

That is one of the WORST Ideas I've read about!

If Star Trek Would have been about the Klingons, and a Klingon ship, that one Klingon ship would have been just as tough as the Enterprise you know and love. It doesn't matter how tough that one ship was. That was a fantasy STORY about that ONE ship. That was not the Basis of the entire Star Trek universe.

You want your ship to be that tough? MAKE IT that tough! Take any skills, consoles, or other wise in order to get that tough.

Silly Troll
It is a comedy post, stop taking things so seriously
Closed Thread