Lt. Commander
Number One: Just drop all the anomaly gathering from inside Exploration missions. If you have to add new nodes to scan in System Map then do that instead. As it is too many missions have useless junk anomalies that simply get in the way of using a tricorder to find mission objectives on ground maps or totally waste your time if you stumble into a scan anomaly mission in space (unless you're actively pursing an Exploration 3 mission quest and even then nothing you get is worth anything and there is no inherent reward for completing the mission).

Number Two: The difficulty for almost all away team missions is too easy. While they do get a bit tougher at high levels you really have to be trying to make it more difficult for yourself to ever have to think about what you're doing. I'm not even sure why the Pause Episode button exists. Why would anyone need to use it? To plan out tactics? When? Why?

Number Three: The lack of variety is really telling now that I'm an RA5 and there are no Episode missions to break up the monotony. While Exploration is still my favorite content because the basic variety of mission types is there the actual content within those categories is very narrow. Both need to be expanded on. More types of missions and more variation within those types. By an order of magnitude. Just pour it on here. This is really the End Game for most PvE players and it has great potential. That potential does need to be exploited or else there's going to be trouble in River City.

Please, Cryptic, get this stuff fixed. Without this what am I actually going to be doing with my time? I'm not a PvPer. RP gatherings are limited by the chaotic nature and bottlenecks of dynamic instancing. There is no player generated content yet. No Fleet Starbases for folks to hang out in.

That said, if I wasn't loving the game as much as I am I wouldn't care as much as I do that ya'll get this stuff right.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddjobXL View Post
Number One: Just drop all the anomaly gathering from inside Exploration missions. If you have to add new nodes to scan in System Map then do that instead. As it is too many missions have useless junk anomalies that simply get in the way of using a tricorder to find mission objectives on ground maps or totally waste your time if you stumble into a scan anomaly mission in space (unless you're actively pursing an Exploration 3 mission quest and even then nothing you get is worth anything and there is no inherent reward for completing the mission).

Number Two: The difficulty for almost all away team missions is too easy. While they do get a bit tougher at high levels you really have to be trying to make it more difficult for yourself to ever have to think about what you're doing. I'm not even sure why the Pause Episode button exists. Why would anyone need to use it? To plan out tactics? When? Why?

Number Three: The lack of variety is really telling now that I'm an RA5 and there are no Episode missions to break up the monotony. While Exploration is still my favorite content because the basic variety of mission types is there the actual content within those categories is very narrow. Both need to be expanded on. More types of missions and more variation within those types. By an order of magnitude. Just pour it on here. This is really the End Game for most PvE players and it has great potential. That potential does need to be exploited or else there's going to be trouble in River City.

Please, Cryptic, get this stuff fixed. Without this what am I actually going to be doing with my time? I'm not a PvPer. RP gatherings are limited by the chaotic nature and bottlenecks of dynamic instancing. There is no player generated content yet. No Fleet Starbases for folks to hang out in.

That said, if I wasn't loving the game as much as I am I wouldn't care as much as I do that ya'll get this stuff right.
Overall I agree with my variant comments below. The mission database ( which I assume it is one ) needs to be expanded one way or another. Perhaps at some point there could be a way when some of us creative types can design a mission to add to the database and have it validated by Cryptic as fitting the STO theme before adding to the database Or give us a special forum just for that purpose for us to post ideas for missions that we would like to personally add.

Number One : Some of us actually like the Anomaly Gathering Missions And with the Memory Alpha upgrading system they are used often there. I personally run out working on the Memory Alpha projects.

Number Two : I do agree that most if not all the missions are easy. In my case most likely due to the fact that I do them when I am one level higher. Possible solution: Do missions that you get ahead of time instead. EG. Do a Commander Level 1 mission if you get it early enough whilst still Lieutenant Commander 8. I know I personally couldn't do it as I tried once and wiped 4 times before giving up. The last set of mobs on a ground explore mission would just wipe us out in mere seconds. Other people may have found it easy but in that instance I found it hard and ended up dropping it.

I haven't reached Rear Admiral quite yet and have about 10 missions still on my books waiting for my fiance to decide which character to progress on wth and join me