Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 41
03-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfedich
Nice - I'm stuck at Captain 11 and not abe to go RA either. Every single item is checked for the Promotion to Captain mission. And I also can't create a support ticket! (Click on an item, but no go). I'm really tired of this.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few???
You know... I just got Cap11, too... I spent the points, and now I'm an RA. I still have the cap mission, but, the RA mission worked without a hitch. Free ship and all.

Might be worth a shot to spend the points.

This still shows the lack of communication between Tech and CS, though.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Subscription canceled. I think I gave them enough time to get back to me.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
so am i one of the lucky ones? i got stuck on the promotion also but i have been very lucky that for the last 2 weeks work has been crazy so i haven't had the time to play STO....
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo75 View Post
You know... I just got Cap11, too... I spent the points, and now I'm an RA. I still have the cap mission, but, the RA mission worked without a hitch. Free ship and all.

Might be worth a shot to spend the points.

This still shows the lack of communication between Tech and CS, though.

Remember what I was saying about lack of communication? Well, they finally replied to my ticket.

My ticket said:

=================

Per this post, I am requesting assistance in resetting my "Promotion Captain" mission:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...286&page=2

Please do not give me the "Thank you for contacting us regarding Promotion mission bug. We would like to confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience...." Canned response.

I have included the Developer's post below for your convenience.

Thanks in a...

=================

Well, there was more (including the dev's post) but seemingly it became truncated by a character cap in the message (thanks for warning us about keeping it short, guys!).

Their reply?

=================

Thank you for contacting us regarding this mission.

We would like to confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing!

=================

Ok... SERIOUSLY?!? I asked to NOT have that EXACT canned response, and they sent it anyway. I've defended this game, and it's developers. I understood, and even empathized with how busy they must be, as I've been there myself, and I know how hard it is to try to keep up.

Instead, I get apathy, and ignorance. Not winning any battles here... keep this up and well, I'd be repeating. Do better.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-03-2010, 01:22 AM
haha, I checked the thread out of curiosity to see if they ever fixed this. I waited almost a week with no answer. I'd say its time to cancel dude, they clearly aren't going to help you.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-03-2010, 01:24 AM
oh, I take that back. Just read on the thread above this one (known bug issues or something) that they are working on it. I guess that can't reset the mission/drop it. That's kinda amazing...I'd advise the devs to next time make those quests droppable...who in the world made it this way in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-03-2010, 07:03 AM
I finally got the canned response to this after a week and gave up trying, which is what I believe they hope you will do. For them to not have extra GMs online in a game at launch that can correct these minor things is just plain ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-03-2010, 12:51 PM
The funny thing is that I *did* rank up to admiral. It's just stuck in my journal. I put in the ticket before I ranked up (or could... I was like 36). It's only annoying for me and not a game breaking bug for me like it is for others.

MY problem is that after specifically asking NOT to be given a form letter response, and that there is a Dev post stating precisely what to do, the Rep just gave me the form letter anyway. Absolutely not cool.

I'm just trying to help the people who are having this problem still.