Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
It's a bug one way or the other.

I can't equip kits to a captain that aren't from his "class", now it's either a bug in that the red box for the kit slot doesnt turn up when the item is selected on the "u" menu, OR it's a bug when the admiral offers mission rewards (bound kits) which the player cant use OR it's a bug where the officer can indeed use those kits but can't equip them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 04:52 AM
I don't think the word 'bug' means what you think it means.

Poor design might lead to a missing 'red box', but everything you mentioned is working as designed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
I don't think the word 'bug' means what you think it means.

Poor design might lead to a missing 'red box', but everything you mentioned is working as designed.
I actually read the game manual i got wtih the retail STO, it clearly states you're meant to be able to use other types of kits with a certain class officer. But if what you say is true, then the bug is the admirals should never be allowing non class kits as bound rewards for quests and the red box should clearly be there.

The player class was meant to give bonuses in that field, but no force you to exclusively use that field only when it came to kitting your character out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 06:14 AM
The character requirements for kits are stated quite clearly on the tooltip. Whilst it's very unlikely you'd want a cross-class kit as a quest reward, the possibility is there, and there's no reason to remove the option.

Any paper MMO manual isn't worth the ink it's printed with, you must know that. These are evolving games.

Again, a 'bug' is code that is functioning incorrectly, not to purpose or in ways it is not meant to.

You're complaining about a game feature, that's a different forum.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 06:27 AM
I've selected kits, etc. as a reward that the character getting the reward can't use quite a few times (on purpose). If the character has something better, why not take something another character can use. I especially like taking things my Klingon can use. Also, if your going to sell it makes sense to pick what seems to be the most valuable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
The character requirements for kits are stated quite clearly on the tooltip. Whilst it's very unlikely you'd want a cross-class kit as a quest reward, the possibility is there, and there's no reason to remove the option.

Any paper MMO manual isn't worth the ink it's printed with, you must know that. These are evolving games.

Again, a 'bug' is code that is functioning incorrectly, not to purpose or in ways it is not meant to.

You're complaining about a game feature, that's a different forum.
Nope, it's not a game feature if the red box for refused kits is showing up, that is a bug. And any item that's a mission reward and kit dependant (which means it's bound to you) should not be purchasable from an admiral as a reward. In regards to Inspired's comments, since all the kits are worth the same anyway, you should still only be given the kit that works for your class since the sale cost is STILL the same price as any of the kits you cant personally use. It doesnt make a difference regardless since you can't put bound items on the exchange, which means the kit ends up in the replicator or just sold to a vendor.

And no, i dont know that paper MMO manuals are worthless, this is my first mmo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Nope, it's not a game feature if the red box for refused kits is showing up, that is a bug. And any item that's a mission reward and kit dependant (which means it's bound to you) should not be purchasable from an admiral as a reward. In regards to Inspired's comments, since all the kits are worth the same anyway, you should still only be given the kit that works for your class since the sale cost is STILL the same price as any of the kits you cant personally use. It doesnt make a difference regardless since you can't put bound items on the exchange, which means the kit ends up in the replicator or just sold to a vendor.

And no, i dont know that paper MMO manuals are worthless, this is my first mmo.
What kit did you get as a mission reward that was bound to your character?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
What kit did you get as a mission reward that was bound to your character?
Two science MK IV kits, i dont have the exact details on me, one of them was a medical only one (Medical Tricorder, Vascular Regenerator, Hypospray III) and the other was one that had stasis field 2 in it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Two science MK IV kits, i dont have the exact details on me, one of them was a medical only one (Medical Tricorder, Vascular Regenerator, Hypospray III) and the other was one that had stasis field 2 in it.
Strange, that may actually be the bug - that they were bound. I just got home and verified. I have no kits that are bound. I still have a MKVI medical kit that I mailed to myself for future use that I'm 99% was a mission reward (along with numerous others). Don't remember any bound kits from anywhere, but whatever.

Anyway, with the kits I'm getting, I like it the way it is. :p