Lt. Commander
# 1 silence button?
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Well apparently I just ****ed off the whole STO community but the way I did it seems to me that they need to tweak the silence button a little.

Apparently posting every so often (not every 5 minutes) for recruiting ingame is spam. Ok that's fine and dandy but to be banend from chatting for a solid 24 hours from everything (includes fleet, local, mail and/or private chat) that needs to be tweaked espically if you are a member of a fleet.

Now some will say that "its your own fault for getting silenced" well I have 2 things for that.

1. look at it from my point of view that you should just be banned from local and zone not everything else.

2. There should be a warning from Cryptic saying that you have been deemed a spammer, stop now or be silenced to free our lives from spam.

Being a lifetime member and finding this a month into the game does not do well for those that are innoncent.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
I tend to agree with you.

Warning shot over the bow....that will be enough for most.

Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
They have an automated system. That they will admit to but how it works they won't of course.
The problem is, knowing these systems, is that you repeat the same message and it gets flagged. Even if you don't get a spiteful player report you for spamming you will still be flagged by the system. Repeat and it's a 24 hour silence. The trick is to alter the message so that the auto system does not pick up on it. 3 or 4 slightly different messages shouls spread the time out so as not to be flagged as repeats.

Having said that it's still spam in a public channel and very annoying. There ought to be a guild recruitment chat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
They have an automated system. That they will admit to but how it works they won't of course.
The problem is, knowing these systems, is that you repeat the same message and it gets flagged. Even if you don't get a spiteful player report you for spamming you will still be flagged by the system. Repeat and it's a 24 hour silence. The trick is to alter the message so that the auto system does not pick up on it. 3 or 4 slightly different messages shouls spread the time out so as not to be flagged as repeats.

Having said that it's still spam in a public channel and very annoying. There ought to be a guild recruitment chat.
Lol.....I can think of a whole list of 'shoulds' with this game haha