Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is the status with the Closed Beta bug of ranks not updating on your uniform after being promoted? This was a topic in the closed beta forums as well as bugged by myself in either CB or OB. To date there has been no further mention of it.

Are we going to have to buy our own pips after each promotion or is this something that is still being looked into?
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I had this problem tried the suggestion you stated about changing my Captain first. I was able to change her rank. Next change the rank for my Bo was able to change their rank. After I changed the rank for the first Bo when I view my captain. Went to look at my captain got costume validation hpatterntexture is restricted, failed costume change restriction check error. She does show her higher rank though.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraevac View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the status with the Closed Beta bug of ranks not updating on your uniform after being promoted? This was a topic in the closed beta forums as well as bugged by myself in either CB or OB. To date there has been no further mention of it.

Are we going to have to buy our own pips after each promotion or is this something that is still being looked into?
My experience has been that after each promotion, each character gets one free session at the Tailor. (I've done 5 rank insignia upgrades across 3 characters.) Alas, updating your BOff's rank insignia costs a nominal (under 500 credits) fee.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
My experience has been that after each promotion, each character gets one free session at the Tailor. (I've done 5 rank insignia upgrades across 3 characters.) Alas, updating your BOff's rank insignia costs a nominal (under 500 credits) fee.
I wish that I could find the thread about this, but in the thread, a Dev responded and said that it was a bug that wasn't suppose to happen.

Its just a pain to have to go and update your uniform after getting promoted. Its really a nik-pik and not game breaking, I was just curious as to what was going on with it. By no means do I wish to imply that this should take priority over content additions or the other fine things in the Engineering Report.