Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold spammers at Sol Spacedock
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Wow I decided to play with my Fed toon and the gold spammers in Zone chat are awful.

There has to be a better solution than trying to right click their name as the spam flies by.

There is also a large amount of player spam trying to sell stuff. How about a for sale channel.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM
i like the idea of a sell channel would give them somewhere to focus the spamming
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Heh, the people who try to sell stuff in chat are as much a scam as the spammers. The only things i've seen linked in chat are the items that are so numerous on auction house you know they have to be from a vendor somewhere. People selling quest rewards or badge gear as if it's some rare drop for literally millions. Like that polaron MK VIII from the quest in zeta andromedai.

Make quest rewards bind on pickup, as with the badge gear. That'll fix that part of it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowombat View Post
Heh, the people who try to sell stuff in chat are as much a scam as the spammers. The only things i've seen linked in chat are the items that are so numerous on auction house you know they have to be from a vendor somewhere. People selling quest rewards or badge gear as if it's some rare drop for literally millions. Like that polaron MK VIII from the quest in zeta andromedai.

Make quest rewards bind on pickup, as with the badge gear. That'll fix that part of it.
Yep that's perfect!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2010, 07:15 PM
i thought the badge gear was bind on pick up
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2010, 07:22 PM
There has GOT to be a way to combat this. I started an alt, and zone chat was one solid wall of spam.
It's bad. I wish there was a way to have player involvement in blasting the spammers, without innocent people being targetted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Combat is exactly what we need!

If you get enough Report Spam, it should unlock PvP and then players can take action in their own hands. That or Cryptic having a GM monitor Spacedock and Sirius Sector chat 24/7 for these individuals.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
These Gold spammers make it hard to talk to people... I have an STO community radio station to plug!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
i like the idea of a sell channel would give them somewhere to focus the spamming
Unfortunately, sales channels don't work unless you have a heavily moderated game. All the player sellers end up spamming in the regular channels anyway because "no one is in the sales channel". In other words, people stayed out of the sales channel because they didn't want to be bothered with sales spam, so the spammers went where they could bother people who didn't want to be bothered.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I guess we can just report the item sellers as spam and be done with it.