Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Hey you all, I'm awesome. I know I'm awesome 'cause I have a lifetime sub and burned my way through 40+ levels of EZ mode PvE.

Therefore, it's quite obviously a game bug (or EXPLOIT!) when someone as awesome as me doesn't win every battle victoriously. I mean c'mon, it's simple; do the math! Awesome should win every time!

So yeah, Cryptic get it together and fix your broke game. KTHXBAI!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
Please tell me how I can turn my ship 90 degrees for your so called shield management and keep my 45 degree guns on you?

I have said it before and I will say it again. If you give the KDF the exact same ships those players will still own you because they are just better at PVP than you are. They understand teamwork, skills, limitations and advantages that their ships have over you.

The KDF does not blindly attack tanks while leaving escorts free to dps us into a million pieces.

All this QQ and woe is me is so unFEDERATION like.

All KDF does if PVP we have nothing else. Which part of that do you not understand?

The Fedbears have all the content and feel that they should be able to pawn the KDF just because. Try learning the game and stop the QQ.
This is what gets me. This... ridiculousness. There's no 'your guns' on 'me' - that's just... childishness.

The battle cruiser outclasses the Federation cruiser by a huge margin. That is totally, utterly, completely obvious. Don't want to use the advantage of the much faster turning rate to save your hide with better shield management? Hey, fit majority beams and the ship is still vastly superior.

I'm not here to compare skill, and if I was I'd certainly agree the Klingon side /must/ have an advantage - as you say - simply because they must PvP to level. The fact that they don't win every single match with their superior ships, superior PvP experience and PvP-geared builds is the main thing that confuses the hell out of me about the whole situation. Perhaps the gear advantage does mitigate some of the other issues, but that certainly isn't a huge factor by the same tier 5 rolls around.

So no 'whining'. No 'QQ'. And I'm sure as hell not going to start with this peurile 'Fedbears' bollocks like I'm a toddler. A better ship is a better ship, and the disparity there is very, very large.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
This is what gets me. This... ridiculousness. There's no 'your guns' on 'me' - that's just... childishness.

The battle cruiser outclasses the Federation cruiser by a huge margin. That is totally, utterly, completely obvious. Don't want to use the advantage of the much faster turning rate to save your hide with better shield management? Hey, fit majority beams and the ship is still vastly superior.

I'm not here to compare skill, and if I was I'd certainly agree the Klingon side /must/ have an advantage - as you say - simply because they must PvP to level. The fact that they don't win every single match with their superior ships, superior PvP experience and PvP-geared builds is the main thing that confuses the hell out of me about the whole situation. Perhaps the gear advantage does mitigate some of the other issues, but that certainly isn't a huge factor by the same tier 5 rolls around.

So no 'whining'. No 'QQ'. And I'm sure as hell not going to start with this peurile 'Fedbears' bollocks like I'm a toddler. A better ship is a better ship, and the disparity there is very, very large.
Im sorry but what most of you fedbears seem oblivious too is the fact that YES your ships are better, cloak doesnt do anything... I dont know WHERE that came from the cloak is soo gimped its pathetic...and ship wise any fed ship that goes hull to hull , shlds to shlds with a kling ship will win unless the other players better, THATS the fact,,,,THATS just how it is.. and the reason experienced klingon pvprs lose matches is cuz even a bunch of nubs can fedball up together relying on there superior hull strength and shlds, and if they even use just that TINY bit of teamwork stayin lumped in a ball they can win cuz there ships are stronger.

THAT is fact THAT is reality not: "Oh Kl;inogns can cloak that makes them able to solo 50 of us, and klingons can turn faster!!!!" Not really theres no noticable difference unelss youre comparing t4 cruisers buddy, other than that the diff. aint noticable, same with all the other tiers. t1 t2 t3 and t5... nearly all the same..... No advantage here..NOW the hull and shlds on the other hand thast a whole new story, I have a fed ship and I pvp with it.. and I PWN all the time, klingon ships especially bops go up like paper. This is all completely utterly obvious....and you have to be pretty ignorant of this gameplay <no offense> to contradict this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
So again, no actual examples, nothing empiric or concrete, no response to what I've actually said, just more stupid 'fedbears' idiocy.

In the end, it's no skin off my nose, I'm happy playing either character without mindlessly clinging to a team like it makes a single damn difference what side you play in a computer game.

I'd just hoped it might be possible to convince some people to look at things objectively .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
So again, no actual examples, nothing empiric or concrete, no response to what I've actually said, just more stupid 'fedbears' idiocy.

In the end, it's no skin off my nose, I'm happy playing either character without mindlessly clinging to a team like it makes a single damn difference what side you play in a computer game.

I'd just hoped it might be possible to convince some people to look at things objectively .
We've yet to see any numbers backing up your complaints either.. no actual examples, nothing empiric or concrete.

Convince us with facts, not with diatribes stating that anyone who doesnt agree with you is an idiot.

I PvP with both Fed and Klink ships.. and the Klink ships blow up a hell of a lot easier that the Feds do
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Fan_101 View Post
Hey you all, I'm awesome. I know I'm awesome 'cause I have a lifetime sub and burned my way through 40+ levels of EZ mode PvE.

Therefore, it's quite obviously a game bug (or EXPLOIT!) when someone as awesome as me doesn't win every battle victoriously. I mean c'mon, it's simple; do the math! Awesome should win every time!

So yeah, Cryptic get it together and fix your broke game. KTHXBAI!
Pretty much this.

All I get out of this thread is "I died, someone has to be OP"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
To the OP please post your skills, ship, outfitting etc.

For those interested in getting better at pvp I suggest you join the ORGANIZEDPVP chat channel in game. There is a vent server too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-03-2010, 07:22 PM
For those who think Klingons are overpowered, they have to walk in their shoes (I.E. Play a Klingon character), because they are indeed pretty much equal. Though there are some things that are overpowered.

BoP's are supposed to be Hit and Run / Raiding starships, yet Klingon players from Tier 3 and upwards turned it into makeshift Science Ships and use them with Tactical Abilties that are tend to overwhelm Federation starships. In the end, Federation Science Captains adopted the tactics and now use it for PvP that even the Klingon Players are crying out for nerfs.

Raptors: They should've been the Tier 2 Cruiser, because the BoP fits the role of Escort, even by Star Trek Definition. And really, only a few Klingon players even bother. The only advantage is the Tactical Slots.

Cruisers: They are good starships and the extra engineering slots keep them alive. But like Federation Cruisers, their shields are a bit on the weak side.

Carriers: With these, I'm at a standstill. On one hand, they can be weak, but in the right hands, they can be quite powerful with those science abilities.



All in all, the real problem for balancing, is not the starships, but the Abilities abuse. Especially Science Abilities like SNB, VM, and even chaining skills to the point they are effectively invulnerable (I actually seen a Federation Science Ship do this and tank 4 K'T'ingas for 2 minutes with no help).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by House_of_Tabor
We've yet to see any numbers backing up your complaints either.. no actual examples, nothing empiric or concrete.

Convince us with facts, not with diatribes stating that anyone who doesnt agree with you is an idiot.

I PvP with both Fed and Klink ships.. and the Klink ships blow up a hell of a lot easier that the Feds do
Sigh.

Twice the turning rate of Federation cruisers.

Shall we say... twice the DPS with rapid fire cannons? More?

Hard to quantify cloaking, but everyone - everyone - knows how powerful focus fire and surprise is.

10% less hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Just my two cents but i must say i haven't found klingon ships in pvp to be over powered as yet but i am only On Lt Cm tier of pvp and as for there cloaking system quite a few times i've stumbled onto a cloaked klingon ship while flying around in my pretty science vessel and got some very nice shots off before there shields were up, Also in the matches i've played so far the Klingons have only won when we weren't working as a cohesive group but once again i'm limited in experience due to only having played pvp up to the Lt Com tier.

Also i get totally gimped on ground combat not won one match yet! bloody klingons i shake my fist at you!!! ~shakes fist~

And yes i'm shaking my fist at klingons in anger because i patently suck at ground combat pvp and i make no excuse for this! Space i'm not too shabby at though ;]

LtC Terra
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 PM.