Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-04-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm in a very similar situation as the OP, and I'd like to thank both him and the other posters who have given some great, honest, and very helpful advice, in both directions. Money really isn't the issue for me either. I am not an MMO player; I don't get the WoW references and I kinda had to look up "gold farming" because I don't get the jargon. I didn't know what to expect; It was Star Trek, and it was Online. That was good enough for me. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of documentation that we receive, except for a character generation primer. But I'm digressing. I didn't KNOW that these things weren't intended to be perfectish upon release, and that's a point in Cryptic's favor. They HAVE built a fun, if imperfect, game.

With all respect to the flaming atari logo dude, other people's opinions ARE important; they help us see things from a perspective we haven't considered. Like Picard incessantly muttering, "Suggestions?" around the conference table, a truly informed decision is based on every possible datapoint. And people who love the game are saying why. People who respect the OP's hesitancy are playing devil's advocate.

Lord.Funk, your post was exactly what I was looking for, and I thank you for it. I do want to support this game, and your words will go a long way toward my eventual decision to do so. Still on the fence, but all of you have helped a great deal, and I hope to see you "out there".

Eventually. :p