Lt. Commander
# 71
03-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiv
Would be great... apart from they closed all the Wendy's down in the UK.
So that's one country out.
LoL.. Wendys, Those the ones where you go for a burger on offer that's been advertised on there website and when you get there you are told it never existed? Burgergate!!

I linked your post cause I am a fellow UK citizen Just wanted to say I loved the Amiga, It beat PCs hands down of the time and was simply amazing. Remember getting my first HD for my 1200 and also a CD drive. Good job I had some knowledge of electronics cause they involved a fair amount of hacking to get working.

I had an Atari (Booooo) ST before the Amiga 500 and I also liked that computer, Much overlooked it was. Got me into CRPGs in the name of Dungeon Master which I didn't get for the Amiga of the time cause you needed a Half meg expansion pack to run it (Yes Half a Meg) Cost a lot of money for that half meg too, Was a large circuit board too

So wish they had continued on with the Amiga and brought it upto date, Shame. I am sure the head of Commodore at the time was a guy who came from Atari, Jack Tramiel. When he left the Amiga lost focus in my mind. I still have a 1200 in the attic and have a Emulator on the PC with 100s of games which where added to the Public Domain.

Sorry OP for going OT.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Whats Wendy's?
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostspock View Post
Whats Wendy's?
It's a fast food business that started in the United States. They sell hmaburgers, chilli, chicken sandwiches, and are also famous for their frosty's.

They have some nice Milkshakes now as well, but they don't compare to Hardee's (another fast food w/hamburgers biz), as Hardee's has the best fast food milkshake imo.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOKZe View Post
Theres a Wendys near me in Northern California here
But they did just open up that new Sonics and the In an Outs been here for days
both those are better than Wendys imo
But fast food in general...sux
I like Checkers the best, around here In Virginia it's called Rally's. Pretty much the same thing, but their burgers rock my socks off. Not sure if either of those is familiar with anyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
I hate to burst the bubble but, that is so..so wrong.

Originally, Krispy Kreme was an East Coast franchise. I've ate their donuts since I was a kid (not every day obviously), for going on 29 years now. I've been to just about every state in the southern part of the U.S. and they've all had Krispy Kremes, ranging from Florida to Virginia, Georgia, Mississippi and so on. It wasn't until what, the last 10 years, 12 years, they started expanding. The first Krispy Kreme store, was opened back in the 1940's (circa 1938 if memory serves me right), in North Carolina, where I have happened to live for 28 years..

By the same token, Dunken Donuts didn't start until 1950.. also on the East Coast, in Massachusetts.

Not trying to be a jerk, I just dislike it when people get facts incorrect about the east coast. Still sore over the Del Taco fiasco too.
Okay... does Krispy Kreme put crack in their donuts? The darn things are addicting.