Lt. Commander
# 1 Science abilities
03-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Since i have started playing, all i have seen is people whining about science skills being overpowered even though there are perfectly good counters to all of them.

It seems to me everyone who makes a whine thread about FBP, VM, SNP etc etc just refuses to want to think outside the box and just wants "GUNS GUNS GUNS!" to solve everything.

Please before anyone makes a new thread about a science ability, please think before posting about what you could have done to defend against it.
I know the normal in pvp these days is stack as much RSP as possible, but there are other options.

TL;DR? L2P morons
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Most are fine. Just need to work a bit more around them. The only one I'll agree calling slightly overpowered is subnucleonic beam; in a 1vs1 situation, used correctly it is devastating.

In a group fight; if the team can keep the SNB target alive while he cant do anything; it's ok... it forces the other team on the defensive.

If used without auxiliary power or gear; the duration is minimal; and can reset your long timers; I had a fight against 3 feds who kept spamming short duration SNB on me; and it kept recyling my RSP's...

Remains a slight issue: there's no real counter/prevention against it. And a full duration one, will turn you cold for almost 30 seconds... long enough to shoot you even solo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Since i have started playing, all i have seen is people whining about science skills being overpowered even though there are perfectly good counters to all of them.

It seems to me everyone who makes a whine thread about FBP, VM, SNP etc etc just refuses to want to think outside the box and just wants "GUNS GUNS GUNS!" to solve everything.

Please before anyone makes a new thread about a science ability, please think before posting about what you could have done to defend against it.
I know the normal in pvp these days is stack as much RSP as possible, but there are other options.

TL;DR? L2P morons
I agree. too bad most of the feddie bears that come to whine here will never learn to use the limited grey matter between their ears for anything other than a hat rack.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2010, 03:33 AM
I'd like to give my professional summary of the forum's general consensus on the state of the Science class:

and

* ad infinitum.

*Legend:
= I don't know the definition of team work. I am also terribad at PVP so I feel the constant, almost instinctive urge (akin to Feds fedballing; a primitive, caveman impulse) to whine on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Having played a sci up to admiral fedside, if you guys think it's not in for some nerfs, you're kidding yourselves. SNB is the obvious one of course, but I wouldn't be suprised if most of the other stuff gets 'toned down' as well.

Anyways, today is the last day for me, and I honestly see no reason to stay due to the dearth of content and myriad bugs. So much needs to be done with this game before I think it'd be worth 15$ a month it's sad. So I'll check back in a few months, by which time I fully expect the game to be almost unrecognizable.

Or non-existent. We'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Of course they will all be nerfed, because all the Klingons do is whine about almost every science ability I have. First it was VM, then it was SNB and VM, and now it's SNB, VM, and FBP. They won't be happy until the only thing I have left is Science Team I and even then they'll be QQing about it being "OP" in every other thread. I can already hear it - "omg if you stack ST 5 times, you cannot die!! ST is OP!!" These people are as far removed from the attitudes of actual Klingons as it is possible to get.

To all these Klingons who are *****ing about SNB + VM disabling them for 15 seconds, I wonder if any of them have ever considered the fact that, even if they cannot apply Science Team I to themselves during this time, one of their allies can. I know, it's a novel approach, healing your mates, but have you ever considered just a little teamwork? Likewise, if you just attack us from behind, we cannot even use SNB or VM. But of course they don't consider these things because all they want to do is fly straight at a Fed player and blow him up. They just want an "I WIN" button that they can press over and over to make themselves feel powerful and they absolutely cannot comprehend that a science ship might be able to defeat a Klingon in an even match.

I wish the devs wouldn't listen to them, but I know they eventually will.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
To all these Klingons who are *****ing about SNB + VM disabling them for 15 seconds, I wonder if any of them have ever considered the fact that, even if they cannot apply Science Team I to themselves during this time, one of their allies can. I know, it's a novel approach, healing your mates, but have you ever considered just a little teamwork? Likewise, if you just attack us from behind, we cannot even use SNB or VM. But of course they don't consider these things because all they want to do is fly straight at a Fed player and blow him up. They just want an "I WIN" button that they can press over and over to make themselves feel powerful and they absolutely cannot comprehend that a science ship might be able to defeat a Klingon in an even match.

I have yet to have anyone heal me from SNB+VM. Every time I get hit with that combo, I'm dead. The SNB keeps me from applying SC2 against the VM, and poof, I'm dead.

I have once or twice healed others that have gotten hit be VM and I was close enough to do it. But, it's purely luck to be close enough, and see them get hit, and be in position to extend SC2, assuming that my SC2 isn't happen to be in cool down. You make it sound so easy, ummmm, a little more complicated than that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
Of course they will all be nerfed, because all the Klingons do is whine about almost every science ability I have. First it was VM, then it was SNB and VM, and now it's SNB, VM, and FBP. They won't be happy until the only thing I have left is Science Team I and even then they'll be QQing about it being "OP" in every other thread. I can already hear it - "omg if you stack ST 5 times, you cannot die!! ST is OP!!" These people are as far removed from the attitudes of actual Klingons as it is possible to get.

Complaining about players not wanting to lose an "I win" button while defending SNB.....

Irony.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post

TL;DR? L2P morons

****** much?

Love the L2P morons.... what game you playing where you have a counter to SNB?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2010, 06:18 AM
I'd like to see more aoe spells to mess up blobs. And more invunrability and fbp type spells, not because I like them particularly. I just get fed up of the eve noobs who want to focus fire all the time, making the game into a blob fest, which is all they know how to do.