Lt. Commander
# 21
03-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
While I agree with your post, I don't really think this is high on the to do list. But it would perhaps be a very short term fix.
Cryptics to do list:

-get new content out
-finish klingon game
-fix bugs
-learn to tell the time

heh there are bigger problems with this game than the servers going down for updates!

It's good too see the new content coming out, sorry about your game lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
they can just cut the server whenever they want!
Yep.. it is their servers, their game. So I guess they can and they did.

Trying to milk the time played.. OK i get that.. but getting upset because they took their servers for their game offline at the time that they posted .. but you get mad because the in game notification didn't sync correctly (it is an automated response) isn't any more profesional than them taking the servers down early.

Also by your own admission at 10:57 GMT you noticed the 5 min warning.. the post on the forums and the game launcher stated 11 GMT and the in game clock showed 10:59 GMT .. how much you want to bet the servers went down at 10:59:59 GMT which coincided with their launcher announcement and their forum post.

So you know the servers were going down at 11 GMT and you saw the game clock at 10:59 GMT so you know the servers were going down any second.

and now you have the audacity to get mad at me because you failed at telling time?

now the in game message may have been off, but you had ample notification.

Besides, in case you missed the post.. the server is back up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRSAVEK View Post
why don't people just stop moaning and try to enjoy themselves, the same thing happend to me you dont hear me whining like a 2 year old, and I was about 2 mins from finishing a mission!
This. I've played the race-against-the-shutdown-timer game many times in EVE Online, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I don't go onto the forums to whine that my clock or the developer's clock was off by a few minutes. **** happens. Get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
Of course. You're right! Why should anyone even think about mentioning such a trivial thing as a false shutdown announcement? Let's also swallow this uncommented and move on.

And know what? By your reply, I guess it would also be no biggy if they would bring down the servers 10 minutes early the next time - after all, the maintenance is announced, and we can all log off about 15 minutes early, because why would anyone really want to be logged in up until the last minute anyway? To play the game? HELL NO!

Or even better! When maintenance is scheduled, we don't log in for half a day altogether - that way no one will be in the way when the plug is pulled, and they don't even have to bother announcing it in-game, they can just cut the server whenever they want!
Why so serious? Everything is going to be ok.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
careful he might call you stupid
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
So let me get this straight......

everyone knows what time the server is going down, you got a 15 min , 10 min, and then 5 min warning. And then sometime between 5 min and zero min it went offline.

and now your here *****ing about it because you cut it too close. is that it? did i leave anything out?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-04-2010, 05:47 AM
it was mentioned on the laucher...yesterday...so dont blame devs for nothing...
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-04-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullE
So let me get this straight......

everyone knows what time the server is going down, you got a 15 min , 10 min, and then 5 min warning. And then sometime between 5 min and zero min it went offline.

and now your here *****ing about it because you cut it too close. is that it? did i leave anything out?
you got it man thats why he is complaining.

i think he has engage mixed up with enraged.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-04-2010, 05:57 AM
you were given enough warning and the signs were there dont really think we need a topic about it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarinth
This. I've played the race-against-the-shutdown-timer game many times in EVE Online, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I don't go onto the forums to whine that my clock or the developer's clock was off by a few minutes. **** happens. Get over it.
I wasn't complaining i was mearly stating a fact.
Closed Thread