Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefmana
today i posted a ticket because i could not pick up a loot drop item of mk6 quantum torpedos on a space map droped by a brigaband cruser

in response basicley i got
Please do not send tickets for general questions the ticket service is for reporting bugs and problems please first ask in general chat(or something to that equivilant obviousley a c and p)
The problem with just posting a ticket, is that it doesn't provide the game/debug information to correctly diagnose the problem.... (Being a software developer myself, I run into these problems every day...) Instead, next time you should use the 'in-game' Bug report feature (called by the '?' button in the icon cluster around the mini-map) to report the Bug...

I ran into a similar bug while running a character through the introduction 'Welcome to Space Dock' mission this morning, and did just that... (I was eventually able to pick it up using multiple clicks on the graphics, but the 'Take All' button refused to work at all...)
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 01:31 PM
How do you know he DIDN'T use the ingame bug report feature (which I'm convinced does nothing more than flush the staff toilet at Cryptic Studios)? He never explicitly stated otherwise. Don't jump to conclusions.

And no, Cryptic doesn't give two turds about your support tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
How do you know he DIDN'T use the ingame bug report feature (which I'm convinced does nothing more than flush the staff toilet at Cryptic Studios)? He never explicitly stated otherwise. Don't jump to conclusions. .
Because this was the response posted to my support ticket...
Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to submit this bug report. Your issue will be processed and entered into our database. We will thoroughly investigate and take all appropriate steps based on the information you have provided. All Bug Reports should include as much information as possible about the issue, and as many steps to reproduce the issue as are available. If you feel that you may have not included all of the information which may have been relevant, or that you have found new information, please create a new Bug Report. If your issue has been resolved since you submitted this report, please close your ticket by viewing your tickets, and selecting "Close Ticket". This will assist us in identifying issues still affecting players. If you feel that the feedback you provided is something that you would like to share with other players, and discuss on the forums to increase Developer awareness, please share your thoughts on the Forums on the Star Trek Online Official Website, under the Community tab. Due to the number of reports we receive, we are unable to respond to each report individually. If you require individual assistance from our support staff, please submit a GM Help request. We will then attempt to contact you in-game as soon as possible. If your issue would be better addressed by our Billing or Technical Support teams, please visit www.startrekonline.com/support. Star Trek Online is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment
Notice the difference???
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Because this was the response posted to my support ticket...

Notice the difference???
I did post it in game actuelly dude
ill put a ss up of the ticket next time in in game(probs tomoz) as im going out in a few minutes

But rest assured it was a bug report with a response pritty much saying stop submiting general questions using the bug report feature ask a player lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2010, 02:18 PM
ive reported so many bugs since i started playing that now everytime i try to do a bug report i get a crash to desktop. the ones that were responded to though all have the exact same copy and paste response.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Hey All,

If you ever have a ticket, and you're unhappy with the response, please feel free to reply or submit an additional ticket stating so, and we will look into it. However I need to politely request that support ticket correspondence is not posted on the forums. This information is private to your account and is along the same lines as sharing personal information.

It is possible that they'll make a noob mistake here and there. However, unfortunately it's not a topic appropriate for forum discussion.
Closed Thread