Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
03-03-2010, 02:52 PM
wtb briar patch game? I have not ONCE played in that arena it absolutely NEVER fires.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
not lost, does not even show up at all. I have sat staring at a screen waiting for an invite to pop and have the textbox say "you have failed to respond in time"

i understand what you are saying, i mentioned those i lost as on those occasions because the fact that they disappeared from view made it obvious that had been dropped by the UI, thus i have no issue accepting your assertion that this has occured.

Whether this alone is enough to explain away the continual imbalance in starting line ups is not something i could say, if it is then the resolution of this particular problem could go some way towards solving the issue of starting imbalance.

This is a different issue than the post about the que system being the root of the problem. It does support my proposal that the imbalance is caused by non acceptance of players into the map, it is just another reason for the non acceptance, tho in this case the decision is removed from the player and will use up the full 60s delay before another invite to the map is made, which is a long time on a 5v5 cracked planet.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Still not been recognized by the devs! Up!!!
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrowz View Post
Solar Winds does fine on my machine with no lag or anything else strange. Thats said though, none of my friends can play that map. One friends machine has problems with the game crashing completely shortly after he gets in there and my sons machine lags so bad he cant fight on that map. Other friends problems range from lag to garbled graphics and worse.

So it plays fine on a dual xeon server with 4 gigs memory and an ati 4850 But it seems not much else runs it worth a flip.
Solar Winds was completely unplayable to me even with the graphics setting set all the way to the SPEED side versus the Quality side.

Then I found the Half Resolution option and when you put that turned ON Solar Wind becomes playable. At the sacrfice of a major aspect of your graphics quality you can massively improve your game play responsiveness for all PvP with this option.