Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
I find that knowing to stick together, and understanding how to use my abilities properly, is far more important than whether or not I am in a PUG.
Everyone in a premade already has these traits.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
Everyone in a premade already has these traits.
Everyone in a good premade already has these traits; but total newbies or hopeless incompetents can make premades too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
What would be nice would be having a better means of communication. Like a side specific zone chat as well as a public one.

As it is, its hard to talk to team mates unless you are grouped. I often get group invites, but it can be a real frustration to keep having to make groups. Perhaps pug teams could auto join if not already grouped?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Separating premades and pugs would just spread the few pvp players among more queues and make matches harder to get into. The workaround is people creating their random pugs before queuing which still produces the same result, premades vs pugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Most premades are made from pugs to start with (except fleet ones obviously)) they just find a decent group of people and do more instances together.

As i have pvp almost exclusively as Klingon i can tell you that if you ever fight a KDF team you have a good bet that they arnt even grouped. But being the superior peeps that we are... we merely know by instinct what we are doing.

*above may have traces of Klingon propaganda
My experience is that this is less propaganda and more truth. I think it's because Klingon players spend more time PVPing and just know what to do. Grouping makes heals/buffs a little easier, but they're doable without groups. Communication is the biggest advantage to grouping, but quite often, communication isn't necessary because we know what to do.

I recently started working on a Fed alt cause I was tired of T4 queues. I think I'm not the only one because the PVP matches I joined all felt like it was a bunch of klingon alts fighting fed alts.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecstrk View Post
I'd argue that most kling pugs dominate fed premades most times.
no.

Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
no.

lol ok, well any fed grp who has ever gone against me and been decimated should know that i am in a pug 97% of the time.

rules for any klingon pug to destroy a fed premade:

1. stay together; if you die find a way around the enemy and get back to the grp.
2. press G or F1 many times while fighting; this either targets an exposed or assists the grp leader.
3. use corners for LOS (LINE OF SIGHT) and to let your shields recharge; do this early and often...we don't need heroes we need klingons to stay alive.