Lt. Commander
# 1 New Faction/Race speculation
03-05-2010, 01:37 AM
I want to do a little speculating. I enjoy it. I'm sure this stuff has come up before, buit I couldn't find it anywhere close so here I go.

When they get around to releasing the next faction, who all do you think will be in it? What traits willl make those species unique?

If it's the Romulans, I could see them having Romulans, Remans (plenty of them survived as most of them were relocated off of Remus well before Hobus blew), Hunters, and I'm not entirely sure what other races might work with them (if any). Romulans would probably have physical strenght along with a specific trait (possibly passionate). Remans would probably have a special resistance trait and telepathy. Hunters might have Acute senses or something else that makes them good at hunting people down.

Cardy's are a bit harder to pick allies for, unless you count dominion/new dominion folks. If so, the faction is already fleshed out. That or the Dominion is it's own faction separate from (or including) the Cardassians. I'm not sure how the Founder's changing would be handled, but it could be sweet. They'd also probably get effiicient. Jem'Hadar get a natural cloak plus some physical combat abillity, Vorta could get Telekinesis, along with the ability to come back quicker when they die (they are clones), and Cardassians could get some sort of trait that shows them as ruthless, giving them advantages when their opponents are weakened.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Given the faction page has greyed out icons for both the Romulan Star Empire and Cardassian Union, it's fairly likely they are the next factions to be added when the Klingons get finished.

Cardassians are rather hard to try to guess allies for. I dont think they would side with any of the Dominion races again, rogue or otherwise, given the events at the end of the Dominion War. Which leaves allies from races not currently aligned - Breen? Tholians? Maybe even a Ferengi out to protect their business interests.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 01:45 AM
i think the Romulans will come next.

Why!?
Cause the own much.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 01:52 AM
It's been all-but-announced that the Romulans will be the next faction, either along side of or before the Cardassians.

The REAL speculation should be, how would they play out?

As a Romulan, are we for Empress Sela, or do we fight to re-seat Donatra to the throne? Or can we choose?

As a Cardassian, do we fight for the True Way, or against them?

THAT, my friends, is where the speculation should lie.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeran
Given the faction page has greyed out icons for both the Romulan Star Empire and Cardassian Union, it's fairly likely they are the next factions to be added when the Klingons get finished.

Cardassians are rather hard to try to guess allies for. I dont think they would side with any of the Dominion races again, rogue or otherwise, given the events at the end of the Dominion War. Which leaves allies from races not currently aligned - Breen? Tholians? Maybe even a Ferengi out to protect their business interests.
I can see where you are coming from and originally I agreed with you. It probably depends on whether we are playing mainstream Cardies or the True Way. The True Way have already aligned themselves with the new dominion in game, which is why I brought them into it. Honestly though, the Dominion has enough to be it's own faction (probably after Rommies and Cardies).

If we are playing mainstream Cardies, than I can definitely see the Ferengi allying with them. I could actually see this faction being dedicated to crafting and trading the way the Klingons are into PVP. Not that Cardies wouldn't be able to fight, but they'd be better at crafting (and possibly have a better system than Memory alpha). After all, if you want to rebuild a society, you want money.

If the Rommies get their own factional purpose like the Klingons do, what would their purpose be? I honestly have no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
It's been all-but-announced that the Romulans will be the next faction, either along side of or before the Cardassians.

The REAL speculation should be, how would they play out?

As a Romulan, are we for Empress Sela, or do we fight to re-seat Donatra to the throne? Or can we choose?

As a Cardassian, do we fight for the True Way, or against them?

THAT, my friends, is where the speculation should lie.
I honestly truly hate Sela (I didn't like Yar that much for that matter) so I hope we work for Donatra. That said, I'm all for having a choice in the matter. As I stated in a previous post, I hope other factions get specific purposes just like the Klingons purpose is PVP. What purpose do you think the Rommies would have.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcazoid View Post
I honestly truly hate Sela (I didn't like Yar that much for that matter) so I hope we work for Donatra. That said, I'm all for having a choice in the matter. As I stated in a previous post, I hope other factions get specific purposes just like the Klingons purpose is PVP. What purpose do you think the Rommies would have.
I don't know, but I'm hoping that one - or both - come with a Spy class, that would expand into the other factions, too, so I could make my Section 31 character, and that they also include small, cloaked Scout ships for them to be ideally specced to.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I don't know, but I'm hoping that one - or both - come with a Spy class, that would expand into the other factions, too, so I could make my Section 31 character, and that they also include small, cloaked Scout ships for them to be ideally specced to.
I actually see the Romulans being much better at cloacking than the Klingons, although I imagine they'd be a bit more balanced in their weaponry (less forward canons, more distributed). They spy sounds cool, although If I were to make a section 31 char, I'd just go with a tactical officer, black out the uniform, and train him in the spec. ops parts of the talent tree (stealth, hand to hand combat). That and I'd keep him on sniper rifles. That's how I'd handle it until they actually made a spy class anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcazoid View Post

If we are playing mainstream Cardies, than I can definitely see the Ferengi allying with them. I could actually see this faction being dedicated to crafting and trading the way the Klingons are into PVP. Not that Cardies wouldn't be able to fight, but they'd be better at crafting (and possibly have a better system than Memory alpha). After all, if you want to rebuild a society, you want money.
Well if we end up playing non-rogue spoonheads, i'd agree that their faction purpose should be crafting- afterall their military has been converted into a "mining guild". It would also give Cryptic a chance to completely revamp the disappointing crafting system thats in place now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeran
Well if we end up playing non-rogue spoonheads, i'd agree that their faction purpose should be crafting- afterall their military has been converted into a "mining guild". It would also give Cryptic a chance to completely revamp the disappointing crafting system thats in place now.
Truedat. Whilst I am not one of them, I know there are many people for whom crafting and economy are the main reason why they play MMO's, and Memory Alpha doesn't do a thing for them I'm sure.