Lt. Commander
# 1 CC charge for Champions Online?
03-05-2010, 07:57 AM
STO is the first game I've played from Cryptic. I bought it the day before release (pre-order), but they were out of pre-order codes, so I got the standard release package (1 free month, entered CC# for monthly billing at $14.99).

Today, my credit card company called me with a fraud warning. They want me to authorize a payment in the amount of $14.22 for "CS Champions Online" (a game that I have never played!). They gave me a phone number for CS (cryptic studio?) (408-399-1969), but when I called it, they just said all representatives are busy, and the mailbox is full, so it hung up on me.

I was expecting Cryptic to bill me about this time, but I expected that
1) it would be for STO, not Champions
2) it would be for $14.99

Has anyone else been billed yet? How much was it for?

Edit: This is resolved now. I was mistaken about the amount (it was $14.99). I still do not know why this triggered a fraud warning, or why the call center was unresponsive, but I've concluded that the charge was legit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Just go to the main page (make sure you're logged in) and check your account by clicking on MY ACCOUNT in yellow up there at the top of the page.

If it says you're updated and that you've paid for another month I wouldnt worry about it.

I seem to remember hearing people being billed for champions before now but it actually counts towards STO.

As long as the account has been updated, then I dont think there is anything to worry about. Sure, the CC statement is a bit off, but it all goes to the same place. As long as you're account has been updated and you're able to play for another month everything should be okay.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 08:04 AM
My lifetime subscription appeared on my CC as if it were coming from Champions, apperntly STO is just riding on an already established billing system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I got a lifetime subscription about 3 days before launch and, yes, it showed on my credit card statement as champions online. I knew it was for STO and not champions so I didn't worry but this does seem like a silly little thing Cryptic should have cleared up right away. Maybe someone somewhere hasn't noticed...I'm not sure.

I thought it was a little funny.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed

If it says you're updated and that you've paid for another month I wouldnt worry about it.
I choose the option to change my payment method, and it says there that my account is monthly and "ACTIVE". It doesn't say how many times I've been charged or which dates I was charged, or which amount I was charged (Blizzard's system, for example, shows all that info).

edit: I just called back the credit card company, and found out the price was 14.99, not 14.22 as I had stated. So, I guess everything is ok. I told them to accept the charge.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Both of our Lifer Subs were billed as Champs too. I've never played champs, but it was quite obvious what it was so I didn't bother looking at it in any more detail.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Errrmm......

I think we can all agree that Cryptic/Atari's billing department could use some.......work.

People generally like to know, what they've paid for, how much they've paid, confirmation they've paid, and even how many times they've paid and when.

And it doesnt hurt to....you know.....have it show up on the CC billing statement as the appropriate item for purchase......
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed

People generally like to know, what they've paid for, how much they've paid, confirmation they've paid, and even how many times they've paid and when.
To be fair, Blizzard's system didn't show all that information at first either.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Same here. Lifetime sub came from Champions Online billing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Or do this.. go to paypal.. set-up an account and put credit card... my pay pal is saying cryptic.
Closed Thread