Lt. Commander
Anyone else having this issue? There have been 4 or 5 instances over the past few days where I've seen a message that I was removed from a queue for not responding in time, when I actually never got a "enter game" popup box.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
They way I have stu up my chat window I dont see these messages.
However, I have noticed on several occations, not just over the last few days that I have been removed from the queue without ever getting the popup window.
I have seen it as I sometimes look up the queue window just to check that I'm still there since I somethimes think its taking ages to get into a match, only to find that I for some reason have been removed from the queue without ever getting the option to enter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Bumping this up.

I had originally intended to make my own thread on this issue after five frustrating occurrences of waiting for a queue notice while doing Fed missions and suddenly receiving the notice that I had been removed from a queue after failing to accept the open slot.

The message box with the accept button and minute countdown timer did not appear in those instances, and on two instances I was looking dead at the screen when the 'Failed to join' message manifested in m chat window. Fleetmates have sufficiently endured my frustrated bellowing over this.

I did a search for the problem and didn't come up with any threads...only happened across this thread just by random lurking. But I hope this has been reported (something I plan to do myself on the outside chance that it has not).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Same thing happend to me several times.
And sometimes i get the pop-up half an hour later saying: "Arena Ready Join! 4294967295"
4294967295 where the countdown was supposed to be.
And if i click Join it just says im not in Queue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Also having this problem!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 12:52 AM
It happens when you enter some sort of PvE instances..at least for me. It ruins the pvp queues and its major cause why i wasnt pvping much past few days. And since i play only for pvp, i propably wont activate my subscription and check the game after few mionths. BEcause even my patience has its limits :-)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 12:56 AM
I too have noticed this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 01:01 AM
The box happens and is dismissed whenever you zone... so if you zone bring up the queue again and it should have a Join now in the top right corner...

Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 01:12 AM
No, it's not a zoning problem. You can be right in the middle of a zone and all of a sudden see that "you missed the queue" message in your chat box.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Dstahl was generous enough to provide feedback on this issue when asked about it in the Engineering report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Part of the problem here is that there is a bug in that when you join a queue, the pop up does not display if you leave the map where you joined the queue. We're testing fixes for that and hope to get that addressed. A nice "chime" is a great suggestion that I'll forward to the sound guys.
So there's our answer. It's good that it's at least acknowledged as a needed fix, and I like the idea of a distinct sound alert for a ready slot. My choice would be the comm alert whistle (like this one) to call attention to all hands when the Bridge makes a shipwide announcement.