Lt. Commander
# 1 problems
03-05-2010, 08:08 AM
It has been a week now, since last Saturday night; that the game keeps crashing. Memory and graphical resolution problems. I have played through Open Beta and since Early start with absolutely no problems until this. Right after getting my new Admiral ship all this has started. Keep looking through forums and sending tickets...nothing. Unfortunely, if I cannot get this sorted out, I will sadly be retiring my ship on Monday for good.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Without any more details my knee -jerk reaction would be failing RAM on your machine. Got any more specifics you can share.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlguy143 View Post
It has been a week now, since last Saturday night; that the game keeps crashing. Memory and graphical resolution problems. I have played through Open Beta and since Early start with absolutely no problems until this. Right after getting my new Admiral ship all this has started. Keep looking through forums and sending tickets...nothing. Unfortunely, if I cannot get this sorted out, I will sadly be retiring my ship on Monday for good.
Could you throw a post over in tech support? Include a full dxdiag log with Cryptic error codes if possible and as much info as you can provide. For example, which zone you were in, what ship you command, which mission you were doing etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moordrake View Post
Without any more details my knee -jerk reaction would be failing RAM on your machine. Got any more specifics you can share.
Agreed. MTL, if your running Vista or Win7, you can perform a memory diagnostic from within the Control Panel options. If your running XP, go download and burn a bootable ISO of Memtest86+ from http://www.memtest.org

If you find problems, those will have to be resolved first and foremost.

BTW, if you use a Dell computer, they include a full hardware level diagnostic utility from a bootable partition. It's quite invaluable. If I'm not mistaken, you press F12 at boot to access it. The only thing it doesn't do is stress-test a thermal load on the video card.