Lt. Commander
# 41
03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
HAHA, my town has 3 story Barnes and Noble.
A 3 story Barnes and...

...I have to drive for about an hour just to get to the nearest Books-a-Million, and it's pretty much just a glorified shack. What state are you in, and what's the going rate for a decent apartment? :p
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I sat down and figured this out one day.

North America
Pennsylvania
New York
Maryland
New Jersey
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Virginia
West Virginia
Ohio
Illinois
Utah
California
Texas
Missouri
Oklahoma
Lousiana
Washington
Hawai'i
Windsor, CA
Niagra Falls
Mexico
Puerto Rico

Asia
Hong Kong
Pusan, Korea
Yokohama, Japan
Sasebo Japan
Yokosuka Japan

Caribbean
Bermuda
Aruba
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
A 3 story Barnes and...

...I have to drive for about an hour just to get to the nearest Books-a-Million, and it's pretty much just a glorified shack. What state are you in, and what's the going rate for a decent apartment? :p
Southern Indiana. We have kinda realized that there is nothing cool here and so have concentrated on making stuff to do in this area. In addition to the 3 story B&N, we also have a very large Books-a-Million and Borders and across the river in Kentucky there is the coolest store ever, the appropriately titled Coollector's Mall.

The Coollector's Mall is a combination PnPRPG, Warhammer 40k, comics, old toys (I am talking G1 Transformers and other 80s kinda stuff), collectible card game, video game, used book, movie, game, music, antique, and assorted curiosity store with an indoor blacklight mini-golf course on the upper floor guarded by fifteen foot tall statues of Batman, Hulk, Superman, and Darth Vader. And there is also an old school arcade in one corner. Best. Store. Ever.

Good apartments around here in Evansville can be found for under $350 a month, easy. If you don't mind some commuting, you can find them in some outlying communities for under $300.

Ah Evansville, the small town that became a city and never noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Southern Indiana. We have kinda realized that there is nothing cool here and so have concentrated on making stuff to do in this area. In addition to the 3 story B&N, we also have a very large Books-a-Million and Borders and across the river in Kentucky there is the coolest store ever, the appropriately titled Coollector's Mall.

The Coollector's Mall is a combination PnPRPG, Warhammer 40k, comics, old toys (I am talking G1 Transformers and other 80s kinda stuff), collectible card game, video game, used book, movie, game, music, antique, and assorted curiosity store with an indoor blacklight mini-golf course on the upper floor guarded by fifteen foot tall statues of Batman, Hulk, Superman, and Darth Vader. And there is also an old school arcade in one corner. Best. Store. Ever.

Good apartments around here in Evansville can be found for under $350 a month, easy. If you don't mind some commuting, you can find them in some outlying communities for under $300.

Ah Evansville, the small town that became a city and never noticed.
It's funny, I'd actually be heading that way next weekend... If I could've gotten the time off work. I believe we'd be driving through Evansville, too. Some friends are heading to Indianapolis for a Magic: The Gathering tournament. I haven't played the game in years, but I would've gone along, just for the hell of it. If you see a car driving past with a fat Mexican, a Ginger and an Indy guy, throw something at 'em.

I think I've heard of the Coollector's Mall! Near Louisville, right? Or around that area... It's been awhile since I've been that way.

$350 a month? Apartments around here go for around $00 or so, at minimum. Ahh Oneonta. The small town that became a drug-filled crimeden and never really cared.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah i'm not much of a world traveler, so all of my treks happened in the states.

Illinois(born and raised here),Missiouri(work here), Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Iowa, Arkansas, Arizona and California

I'm not counting states i flew over, but just ones i set down in.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
It's funny, I'd actually be heading that way next weekend... If I could've gotten the time off work. I believe we'd be driving through Evansville, too. Some friends are heading to Indianapolis for a Magic: The Gathering tournament. I haven't played the game in years, but I would've gone along, just for the hell of it. If you see a car driving past with a fat Mexican, a Ginger and an Indy guy, throw something at 'em.

I think I've heard of the Coollector's Mall! Near Louisville, right? Or around that area... It's been awhile since I've been that way.

$350 a month? Apartments around here go for around $00 or so, at minimum. Ahh Oneonta. The small town that became a drug-filled crimeden and never really cared.
The Mall is in Owensboro actually, not about 100 miles from Louisville.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
The Mall is in Owensboro actually, not about 100 miles from Louisville.
It's been about five years or so since I've been anywhere near Kentucky. I have family around Louisville- next time I'm around there, I'll have to take a trip to Owensboro and check out that store. Odds are, I'll come back to Alabama completely broke and loaded with shinies, but it'd be worth it.