Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
Ok, i hear a lot about how firing all your weapons at once drains your power, and i've watched the 4 stat indicators for my power allocation and nothing changes during my firing sequences, not even slightly.

Am i looking in the right place for power consumption or is there another section? II think emergency power has it's own finite resource that's not 1 of the 4 listed, and i'd love to know where i can get info on that too.
You have to fire 4 weapons simultaniously before you can see your weapons power decrease. The starter ship and the T2 ships rarely if ever cause your weapons power to dip. When you get into a ship that actually has more than 4 weapons slots then you will have this issue of running out of power for your weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLessOne View Post
You have to fire 4 weapons simultaniously before you can see your weapons power decrease. The starter ship and the T2 ships rarely if ever cause your weapons power to dip. When you get into a ship that actually has more than 4 weapons slots then you will have this issue of running out of power for your weapons.
Actually even a T1 ship will draw Weapon power to 90 (at times) when firing a broadside. Base recovery rate is enough for the Weapon power to recovery to full during the firing cycle of 2 energy weapons. When you have 3 or more energy weapons, you start drawing down power faster than it will recovery. That's when you need to have EPS Flow Regulator engineering consoles.