Lt. Commander
Just for pure expose chance (how easy it is to hit a lot of targets, it's cooldown, etc).
I'm talking against groups of enemies. Basically this is for INFECTED Borg.

Wide Beam
Full Auto Sweep
Auto-targetting
Arcwave
Pulse Wave
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Cone AOE expose attack - chance of knockback is good too.

Actually, considering all the darn holds they use... knockback is practically a must.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
Cone AOE expose attack - chance of knockback is good too.

Actually, considering all the darn holds they use... knockback is practically a must.
... hmmm... if you get a weapon that has a possibility of knockback on its normal attack as well as its special attack, you might want to consider dual pistols.
as they don't do one chunk of damage, but four (or however many there are) bolts, and there might be a possibility that each may do a knockback (not 100% certain of this... I'll leave it up to brighter minds to test that).

anyway... it *seems* to me that wide beam has the widest arc/cone of damage...

and isn't "auto-targeting" in that list an exploit?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Full auto sweep is the best ground expose weapon.

It hits multiple times with its spray = more chance for the special proc

Now if you want the KNOCKback you need to find the ones that have KB3 which is explosive impact which gives you an extra damage expose attack AND works like a small blast at the target.

If your looking to push drones away then high density rifles are really the best option but they are exploit weapons. Very useful in the last room so you can blast Drones off the platforms into the plasma fire.

Energy blast is ok as an AOE but it will only hit the target once and its special attack takes 2 seconds longer to recharge than auto sweep. It also requires you to aim at the target properly to get the AOE rather than auto sweep which basically targets anyone in front of you.

That said, Energy blast has a much higher chance at knockback and you can get versions with KB3 to increase it further.

Arcwave: Havent tried these but they seem ok IF you can get your targets to line up properly far enough away. Against the Borg that shouldnt be too hard and the special attack is equal to auto sweep. For rifles its definetly the way to go for an expose weapon.

I would like it if Cryptic came out with an energy blast rifle but I dont see it happening.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Knockback. Players and AI can not do anything while on their back. It is like having additional crowd control. If you can get a phaser (which has an innate chance of stun) which also has knockback (which is a form of crowd control) and also is an AoE attack, you have a very powerful weapon.

Knockback is particularly useful for the lead up to the final fight in Infected.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I like Arcwave weapons; the cone is nice and wide so you can get a whole bunch of people at once; plus the knockback is decent. Only downside is the range; unlike pulsewave weapons, arcwave fire mode has a much shorter range than standard fire mode (I'd estimate about 2/3, could even be 1/2).