Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezzik View Post
STO is the first game I've played from Cryptic. I bought it the day before release (pre-order), but they were out of pre-order codes, so I got the standard release package (1 free month, entered CC# for monthly billing at $14.99).

Today, my credit card company called me with a fraud warning. They want me to authorize a payment in the amount of $14.22 for "CS Champions Online" (a game that I have never played!). They gave me a phone number for CS (cryptic studio?) (408-399-1969), but when I called it, they just said all representatives are busy, and the mailbox is full, so it hung up on me.

I was expecting Cryptic to bill me about this time, but I expected that
1) it would be for STO, not Champions
2) it would be for $14.99

Has anyone else been billed yet? How much was it for?
All STO subscriptions appear as Champions Online on the billing statement.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Am pretty sure my LTS showed up as Champions Online too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Am pretty sure my LTS showed up as Champions Online too.
Yeah, that scared the hell out of me when it first happened.

Ah, the innocence of youth.
Lt. Commander
# 14 re:
03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I got a call yesterday from my credit card company as well. It was for a 1-month recurring. I can see for my online billing statement that the charge is labelled CS Champions Online. It looks like everyone is experiencing it, so it appears to be a mis-labelling by Cryptic Studio's billing department. I told them it was my charge so I guess everything is cool. Hopefully it will be labelled correctly by next month.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
My wife came with "Is the ANOTHER game you got a lifetime for?" she knew I had just bought STO lifetime, (also have 4 LOTRO lifetime accounts (2 for me, 1 for each kid)) and was playing CoH month to month for a little bit before coming to STO.

Likely it was a cryptic billing setup, and they put "Champions Online" as the bill as line (should have been company name) All company charges, come under one name.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
The fraud alert was probably triggered because some impatient jerk who couldn't figure out how to cancel his subscription to either CO or STO called your bank and disputed the charge instead of stopping to think or ask on IRC, and the bank is now flagging Cryptic charges and inconveniencing customers (but not Cryptic) by doing this.

It's not uncommon with MMORPGs, lots of banks flag World of ******** because of disputed charges too.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't really care what is listed next to my $14.99 charge.....of all the things to worry about this seems tremendously trivial.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2010, 02:27 PM
My account is SUSPENDED, the only reason I think this happened was I paid for a years subscription (billed,done), I checked my credit card account it was charged $29.98 for "champions online" then charged back . People on the forum have been having this problem and now it looks like I'm in it deep

Cryptic you better fix this.....don't you have enough heat as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusnubangus View Post
My account is SUSPENDED, the only reason I think this happened was I paid for a years subscription (billed,done), but I had a problem with my credit card and canceled it and got a new one.
I'm reading on the forums that people are getting charged $14.99 for a "champions online" charge and
since they can't charge that card......my account is SUSPENDED.

Cryptic you better fix this.....don't you have enough heat as it is.
Did you update your billing information? You aren't charged for the year until your initial 30 days are done, so if in the meantime your CC was canceled (by you) how could they charge you?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
funny side note- the game (CO) actually only costs $20. it's only been out 6 months lol

i know b/c i bought it last October, when the price had just gone down from 49.99 to 39.99.

don't know if the game itself still comes w/a free month of gameplay, or how much they're charging per-month, but for what it's worth...
Closed Thread