Lt. Commander
# 21
03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
FWIW, if your call was recorded/monitored for legal purposes, they'd have to tell you that explicitly, or else it wouldn't be valid for any kind of legal purposes.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
I would love to speak to Atari to determine the status of my order placed early yesterday. There feedback contact form does not work and there is no phone number posted anywhere that I could find.

I would like to know when my standard edition of STO with FREE shipping and the EXTRA 60 Days of play time will be shipping.

I have tried every avenue at the Atari site. I am hoping our good friends/gms/mods here can lend a hand.
The extra days wasn't on offer yesterday. They pulled it first thing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
I would love to speak to Atari to determine the status of my order placed early yesterday. There feedback contact form does not work and there is no phone number posted anywhere that I could find.

I would like to know when my standard edition of STO with FREE shipping and the EXTRA 60 Days of play time will be shipping.

I have tried every avenue at the Atari site. I am hoping our good friends/gms/mods here can lend a hand.
Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Hi everyone,

<snip>

Thanks,
Phoxe

Addendum:
I've heard many voicing concerns that we will not be honoring this sale for anyone who took advantage of it this weekend. This is not the case at all, and anyone who decided to take advantage of the offer will receive what they purchased, as advertised.
so if you have a reciept for this transaction, contact Cryptic billing support at billing@crypticstudios.com
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Just a follow up. I just received a phone call from Atari's legal department asking for particulars on my order. I was told that if the order was placed prior to the ad being removed that he would make sure that I received what was advertised.
Congrats! You should direct him to these forums since the Atari ones are closed for maintenance. I think it is funny how everything from Atari now points to Cryptic; also how we still have no dialogue on this with them yet other than a token statement. I'm thinking Godfather here now...
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
The ads were pulled at some point Monday. When I went to the Atari's site and made the purchase the offer was still available and the legal guy seemed to know when the offer had been pulled.

I have not received anything yet. I am sure I will hear something tomorrow as it was nearly 6pm NY time when I spoke to them.

The legal guy seemed to know the deal. The guy in the Philippines was not aware of any deal or previous deals.

I guess we will all see how this plays out.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorLlewllyan
Atari's LEGAL department? So that's where it is now, huh?
Quote:
Why legal? They took the time to listen. I made no threats and explained the situation he said he would handle it. End of story.
I strongly suspect that the Legal department's involvement was not due to Atari considering any action against you, but that shortly after word filtered to Atari's lawyers about the boneheaded denial attempt they went into emergency anti-****storm mode.

I'm also envisioning the lawyers luring everyone else into a conference room and locking them in so they couldn't do any more damage, or perhaps passing around sedative-laced donuts in a meeting, but that would only happen on Boston Legal.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Basically if you advertise something, even by accident, and don't honor it you are opening yourself up to a class action lawsuite if you don't take immediate corrective action. My own company has tripped itself up a couple of times on this, some bonehead in advertising posts the wrong thing and we have to honor it while booting him out the door and suing him for damages to cover the cost of implementing that offer.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
To keep the facts straight. I contacted Atari and left a message on their legal voice mail and received a call back in 10 minutes. The gentleman I spoke to was only interested in providing me what the site advertised if my order was indeed placed prior to the removal of said ad. Which I believe it was.

I will just standby and see how the day plays out tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Missing 60 days as well
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Hello! I'm having the exact same trouble as well. I purchased the game this weekend and so far I'm not getting anywhere with getting my game time. I called the 800 number that Mike listed, but they weren't much help. They did give me a number for Digital Rivier (not really sure who the 800 number goes to) and so I called DR. I got the same story from them, saying that Atari was responsible for sending out the 60 days of game time. Apparently Atari doesn't have phones in their office, because there are no phone numbers listed or available for them. I did find the number for their main office and left a message with their legal team. We'll see if I get a call back. I'm also going to fill out the form on Atari's site, but I don't expect it to go anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Atari: the bernie Maddoff of gaming.