Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Honestly, I think if/when they add some "Mez" immunity components to the various ground powers, this will solve a lot of the problems people have with Ground PvP. Exposes, while frustrating to receive, are quite necessary when you have the ability to heal from near-death to full health via consumables (don't even get me started on those -- I really think they need a much longer cool-down and/or drastically changed effects), though I do think that the 10 second hold from exposes thing needs to be looked at.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post
Lots of redshirts got vaproized in TOS and Kirk disentergrated a klingon in Search for Spock. You have the option of playing STO your way, even to the point of arming your team the way you wish. Your away team can be all stun phasers and no personal shields, if you wish.

As for arguements on Rodenberry's vision, it varied. Checkov had a Beetles haircut cause it was hoped it would sell younger viewers. Kirk's shirt ripped a lot to the same effect. The Gorn, Romulans and Klingon's were factions in a cold war that went hot from time to time.

I respect your veiwpoint. I don't agree with it and I don't thinl it would make a very good MMORPG though.
I don't remember Kirk vaporizing any Klingons in Search for Spock. Most of the crew went up with the Enterprise, and Kirk personally fought Kruge, in which Kruge fell into the lava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLogan75 View Post
So to take make it more like star trek we have to make it more like things that aren't Star Trek. We should look at clerics and wizards as our inspiration? Not sure I get this.
Ironic isn't it.

But really, STO is more FPS than an MMO. Next thing we know, headshots get implemented.

Where are the buffs? The only ones we got are like 30 seconds long or tribble buffs that last an hour. I'm sure people would like to have resist buffs that prevent you from getting rooted (without having to remake a character for ground pvp).

And could you imagine how 1 on 1 PvP would happen when Open PvP zones are implemented? Just spam skills until your opponent is exposed, then vaporize them. You realize how quick battles would be then?
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I don't remember Kirk vaporizing any Klingons in Search for Spock. Most of the crew went up with the Enterprise, and Kirk personally fought Kruge, in which Kruge fell into the lava.
In Wrath of Khan, the Captain of the USS Reliant shoots and vaporizes himself when Khan orders him to kill Kirk.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgmo
In Wrath of Khan, the Captain of the USS Reliant shoots and vaporizes himself when Khan orders him to kill Kirk.
I'm not disputing there are vaporizations in Star Trek, I'm disputing you didn't see Rampant vaporizations in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-05-2010, 01:39 PM
With personal shields and high tech armour, it only makes sense that Feds would be using higher weapon settings than they might have done in the past; therefore, I would expect to see more disintegrations.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
What happened to the Star Trek we saw on TV and in the Movies? Seems STO has strayed greatly from the Universe Gene Roddenberry created for us over 40 years ago.

Ground Battles: Spam Expose Abilities until Exploits and Vaporize the enemy in a quick kill.

Lets see some classic MMO class difference, not all them lumped up together doing the same fighting. After all, clerics were never on the front lines, they were in the back as support. Wizards favored magic over meleeing. STO should be the same.

Tactical Officers: They supposed to be the Ground Forces / Security. They are trained for fighting. Let them handle it.

Science Officers: They supposed to be the Healers, not fighters.

Engineers: Sure we saw Data, Geordi, and O'Brian fight, but they weren't the mainstay fighters. And they surely didn't spam a bunch of different constructions in combat either, either. :p
So according to your analogy Roddenberry Star Trek was like WoW or EQ?

You must have watched a different show then I did.

Vllad