Lt. Commander
# 1 Sector space auto-travel
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I know how to use auto-travel in sector space (and I really wish the info box for it would go away, but that's another issue). My question is: how do you cancel it? Sometimes I find my path blocked by an enemy sensor contact that I'd prefer to fly around rather than have to deal with loading screens, combat, etc, but nothing I've tried will get my ship to respond.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
I know how to use auto-travel in sector space (and I really wish the info box for it would go away, but that's another issue). My question is: how do you cancel it? Sometimes I find my path blocked by an enemy sensor contact that I'd prefer to fly around rather than have to deal with loading screens, combat, etc, but nothing I've tried will get my ship to respond.
Yeah I'm not sure if it was sheer coincidence but try stopping your engines then starting them again. I thought I did that a few times and managed to steer elsewhere. If I was mistaken there the only thing I can think of is to auto steer using the other systems as waypoints giving you the option to change your destination at each stage.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM
if you tap, the "a" or "d" keys while on auto it will break it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baci
if you tap, the "a" or "d" keys while on auto it will break it.
Chiming in here... but, if you do any kind of non-mouse related movement at all (hitting any of the keybinds for movement), it will break it. Even just a little tap. Also, obviously, getting to your destination tends to end it, but that's a no-brainer. e.e