Lt. Commander
# 1 Cowards
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't remember Kirk crying about cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Sure he did. Look, I got proof.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6853/kirk.png
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 07:27 PM
You know what would be good? Take that picture (the unmodified version of it), and turn it into one of those 'motivational' images.

Have it say:

"CLOAK"

"Feds don't have it."
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
As a race of honor bound warriors that uses cloak to run away seems to be a cowardly thing...not sure... it just seems kinda funny to me...maybe "it is more honorable to survive a fight than to go down fighting" or to ambush your prey without them knowing you're there is very honorable...:p now only if I can get my cloaking to work faster so I don't blow up while cloaking.... Klingon's=Contradiction in my philosophy of honor.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Now Hirogens, they would use cloak like that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart_SS View Post
As a race of honor bound warriors that uses cloak to run away seems to be a cowardly thing...not sure... it just seems kinda funny to me...maybe "it is more honorable to survive a fight than to go down fighting" or to ambush your prey without them knowing you're there is very honorable...:p now only if I can get my cloaking to work faster so I don't blow up while cloaking.... Klingon's=Contradiction in the philosophy of honor.
Honor is victory and glory. The cloak enables the Klingons a chance to achieve that. Whether they do it in traditional fleet engagements, or with Birds of Prey doing long range raiding missions deep in enemy territory (think of destroying freighters and civillian shipping, or vulnerable military units).

If it allows the Empire's ships to engage at will, disengage via speed and cloaking, and later re-engage to constantly harass the enemy and wear them down, so be it. If it allows the warrior to surprise the enemy and hit them at their most vulnerable points at their time of choosing for the best chance of success, so be it. The warriors that pull it off would gain alot of success, and with success, honor to their house.

Dishonor is showing no willingness to fight, or worse, utter incompetence.

A good example of real, historical "honor" for warriors are the Samurai of Feudal Japan. Everybody seems to have this ideal that the Samurai will always seek to fight a "fair fight" in your face. But if you know anything about Samurai, they were NOT like that during alot of their fighting history. Ambushes, deceptions, shifting alliances, betrayals, etc. Only during the peaceful period after the Warring States era and the advent of the Tokugawa Shogunate did you really start seeing these stupid ideals of Samurai fighting on equal terms and with no deception or dirty tricks. But in the days when they really fought, almost anything went. What mattered the most was victory.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Speaking of "cowards", it seems pretty cowardly to post a Fed-directed insult on the Klingon forums where you know people are just going to agree with you rather than where most of the Fed players will see it
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Thing is this; i've decided to to helm a BoP ( I like an underdog ), so ill come here, have a blood wine, and laugh at the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
There is no honor on the Fed forums.