Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 BO's and enemies disappear
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I started a new character a few days ago because I wanted to see if the neural blast works for Borg characters (it does indeed) and because I wanted to try a character in each specialty. I went back to Delta Volanis but it was the first time for this character. On one map that had large pink flowers and what looked like pink fluid in crevices, my BO's all disappeared. One moment they were right behind me and the next, they were all gone. I thought they had fallen into a crevice and I tried the mission three more times and found the crevice into which they likely disappeared. I wondered if it was part of the quest.

On my last attempt on this map, only one BO disappeared, so I decided to go ahead with 3 BO's and finish the mission. I saw a group of about 10 enemies, either Gorn or Nausicaan, I don't remember which because all of a sudden, they disappeared and eventually I was being flanked by an enemy I could not see, as though he was shooting at me from some point in the soil. By this point, I thought it was likely a bug and I submitted a bug report from the map so it can more likely be found. I gave them the name of the map as it appeared in the viewer.

It's the first time I have played a map that was that buggy. It appears that the same maps are used in different missions, so I might encounter the map again.

Epsilon Lyrae Beta 163-0 is the map in question.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I did a mission in the last cluster area (RA5 level, Bentu, Borat or some such) and the terrain was unusually "hilly" with lots of slopes and mounds. My BOs promptly dropped into the geometry, unable to move, then enemies would quickly drop into it as well. At one point i heard them fighting each other from the weapon sounds. I tried beaming up and down to fix it, but it kept happening.

This is the first time I saw terrain in an explore map like this, and the first time this happened, leading me to assume that the terrain generation was screwy. I did another mission and it was the usual interior base map nd worked fine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 11:43 AM
similar thing in a exploration mission in e nebula. I did a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I had the same thing happen on an early map with the dust storms. I was getting shot from inivisible ground hogs and my away team disappeared and then would show back up.

It would seem they are very out of shape because when I sprinted they could never keep up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke-togo View Post
I did a mission in the last cluster area (RA5 level, Bentu, Borat or some such) and the terrain was unusually "hilly" with lots of slopes and mounds. My BOs promptly dropped into the geometry, unable to move, then enemies would quickly drop into it as well. At one point i heard them fighting each other from the weapon sounds. I tried beaming up and down to fix it, but it kept happening.

This is the first time I saw terrain in an explore map like this, and the first time this happened, leading me to assume that the terrain generation was screwy. I did another mission and it was the usual interior base map nd worked fine.

It happened to me again when I played another map in the same cluster. I did not submit a bug report on this one since I did not investigate. I could only tell that my away team were all very close together somewhere but I could not see them. When it happened yesterday, I also beamed back to the ship and returned but the same thing happened, either to all of them at once or one at a time. One of them disappeared and then the others would go to investigate and also disappear. At least they know the meaning of teamwork. All for one and one for all
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Just like to mention that it was a dust storm planet so could barely see, as i see someone else had this issue in a dust storm planet so maybe its part of the bug?