Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-06-2010, 06:37 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long did it take you to reach Rear Admiral 5?, do you have multiple Rear Admirals or are presently levelling an alt?

3 weeks and a Kling at Lt Cmdr 7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy the journey to Rear Admiral 5?, what was the high points and low points?

Overall, no. The combat is too linear and simplistic. There are no playermade choices. The content is too repetative and not original. It is derivative of the shows and has little originality. The Undine arc is a blatant copy-paste job of the Changeling story from DS 9.

Do you currently part-take in regular PvP, Fleet actions or Raidisodes? If so, what are you views on them? What do you think could be improved, and what issues need to be addressed?

I did a fair amount of PvP. It is terrible. The maps are tiny and uninteresting. In a modern MMO this simplistic and shallow implimentation of pvp is not acceptable.

Do you prefer space combat or ground combat? If so, why? What makes that particular style of combat a better player experience for you over the other?

Space combat is excellent. The ground combat is terrible. The camera goes crazy if you bump into an object or if one of your braindead teamate AI members bumps you. The weapons are far too weak, it doesn't feel like a phaser, it feels like a water gun. There are no tactics beyond mash the 1 key over and over until the 2 key lights up. Once yoiu make RA 5 you get a few buffs/heals/debuffs from your kit but it does little to add to any tactical complexity. Oh and you and the enemy can fire through walls.

Pick one current issue in-game effects you the most, what changes do you think would benefit the game overall and why?

More non-combat content and GOOD content, not F-key dribble.

Do you think since launch, Star Trek Online has lived up to your expectations? Do you think you will still be playing in six months time?

Not even close. I doubt it. I already canceled.

What future changes would you like to see the most in Star Trek Online?

Fix all the bugs. Add meaningful and complex content. Fix the overpowered Klings and make PvP meaningful rather than a silly, shallow deathmatch race to RA 5 just to /cancel. Remove the skill cap or add a FREE ingame respec. Add some variation to the existing content, I am sick of finding 5 enemy ships at the exact same 5 asteriods. The game is too easy, you cannot loose and their is no death penalty.

Finally, what was the last MMo you played before joining Star Trek Online, why did you quit the last MMo and join this community?

The last MMO I paid for was Age of Conan. It is head and shoulders better than this game. I am currently playing it.

See my review in my sig for more details.