Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryostorm View Post
mmmm I like the sound of that, mix that with 3 factions and this could be a winner, worked for Planetside.
agreed fighting for the space we play in would be so cool
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Agree it was mostly fluff(pink with long lashes and puppy eyes), but its a start. I wish they'd be more direct when it comes to the PvP details and territory capture content.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I think when this question was asked, Cryptic did not understand what was being asked:

Rienen: Many Klingon players are concerned about the lack of purpose in the current PVP system and what it means to the future of the Empire. Are there any plans to provide a more meaningful PVP system, such as "Open PvP" zones or capturable systems/planets/starbases that would then provide faction bonuses and rewards for holding?
I don't think it would be likely that we will ever allow the Klingons to invade Earth Space Doc as a random open world event. PvP in STO will always be consensual.

The person asking the question did not ask if Klingons could attack Earth. They asked for an open Pvp zone. My understanding is that a sector could be created with planets that Fed and Klingons could fight for control over. It would be "consensual" because players would not have to go there if they did not want to. The captured system could give bonuses (at least in that one sector) to the controlling faction. This would not involve Earth or Qos'nos.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2010, 07:54 AM
The person asking the question has no interest in the KDF. How is this person picked? Out of 10 pages we get questions that are 90 percent fluff questions. No hard questions were asked, no follow ups.

Yeah we get that sparkles will get in game for us. Most of us don't care that much about the sparkles but the real content and pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2010, 08:25 AM
My two complaints / concerns revolve around two things that were answered in the Ask Cryptic.

Quote:
HyenaZERO: Female Gorn? Ever?

Probably not.
Why not? So we've never seen a female Gorn, Lethean or Nausicaan before but I'm sure there are females that want to play the female version of those races. Every race should have male and female counterparts. No it doesn't have to be a dinosaur with boobs.. there are ways to differentiate gender that go beyond the generic features on the body.

Quote:
Chaktak: Will we see any other ships and clothing added to our faction, so an Orion can be made to look like one, and actually be able to fly an Orion ship? Right now the other side races in the Klingon faction seem to be all Klingon step children. And it would add greatly to immersion if the other races were more stand alone, if you know what I mean.

It has been considered, but right now it is more important to offer more customization to the existing Klingon ships. I donít think Orions, Nausicaans and Gorn are anymore stepchildren to the Klingons then Vulcans, Andorians or Bajorans are to the Federation. That being said, one of the things we want to do is add more ship types at the end game. There is no reason some of those ships can't be Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn ships for the Klingon side.
Wait... so if the Orions, Nausicaans, and Gorn aren't stepchildren to the Klingons anymore... why do we fight their ships for entire 'first season' of the game? There's no way the Klingons would have as much resources as the Federation and I think they would probably turn to those other species to help bolster their ship armada.. to be honest I don't think the Klingons would really care what ship you're in whether it be Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion or Klingon... as long as you kick some Federation ass..

The excuse to not include these ships is very lame and should be rethought. MANY people want those ships as part of the Klingon Faction. Please for the love of all that is good or Klingon... I don't even play the Klingons most of the time.. but please look into other games that are successful to see how a two faction system works.

/end rant and Tellarite nerd rage.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I like this:

Quote:
Rienen: Many Klingon players are concerned about the lack of purpose in the current PVP system and what it means to the future of the Empire. Are there any plans to provide a more meaningful PVP system, such as "Open PvP" zones or capturable systems/planets/starbases that would then provide faction bonuses and rewards for holding?

I don't think it would be likely that we will ever allow the Klingons to invade Earth Space Doc as a random open world event. PvP in STO will always be consensual.
They actually don't answer the question. I figured that they were side-stepping something they just wanted to avoid talking about. However, later on in the segment:

Quote:
GreatMaker69: Will Cryptic ever have more PVP events like the one at the end of Open Beta?

We have plans for a bunch of new PvP maps and even some PvP events down the line. There are lots of new PvP features, and new space and ground games planned. A persistent territory game is being worked on, but a release date has not yet been determined. We plan on supporting PvP gameplay on a regular basis.
That question is answered partly with the answer to the previous question I quoted. Now I think that whoever was answering these is quite confused, possibly about PvP in general, an defiantly about the specific question.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I like this:

They actually don't answer the question. I figured that they were side-stepping something they just wanted to avoid talking about. However, later on in the segment:

That question is answered partly with the answer to the previous question I quoted. Now I think that whoever was answering these is quite confused, possibly about PvP in general, an defiantly about the specific question.
It's like they mixed up the answers for my and GreatMaker's questions. I talked pvp zones and get told about earth space dock. He mentions The End of Beta event and gets told about persistant pvp.

I know the Klingons don't have the majority of their in-game content QA'd, but could we at least have gotten our Klingon specific "Ask Cryptic" QA'd?

I agree with everyone who mentioned it, but the lack of follow-ups really kills this community "feature". They get to pick only the questions they want to answer, knowing that even if they "talk around" the question, they (and the apologists) can say "We've already answered that".

I'm certainly glad they took the time to answer our questions, but it would've been nice if less fluff was picked (and answers put with their proper questions ).
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Pak'ing: I know there are concerns with developers' abilities to answer questions instead of pursuing"straw men" or "red herrings". Do you feel this problem exists, and is there anything being done about it?

Good question! We actually had a hair stylist on the premises. His name was Paco, and he worked laboriously over our customization developer's backs day in and day out. Our lead customization personnel have grown quite attached to Paco's euphemisms, and we hope to have him come again this month so he can "do Klingons over"!
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
Wait... so if the Orions, Nausicaans, and Gorn aren't stepchildren to the Klingons anymore... why do we fight their ships for entire 'first season' of the game? There's no way the Klingons would have as much resources as the Federation and I think they would probably turn to those other species to help bolster their ship armada.. to be honest I don't think the Klingons would really care what ship you're in whether it be Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion or Klingon... as long as you kick some Federation ass..

The excuse to not include these ships is very lame and should be rethought. MANY people want those ships as part of the Klingon Faction. Please for the love of all that is good or Klingon... I don't even play the Klingons most of the time.. but please look into other games that are successful to see how a two faction system works.

/end rant and Tellarite nerd rage.
Count me in. I'm one of those people that want ship variety. Its just not conceivable to me that the Klingon Empire would let all these aliens and Orion Slave girls pilot Klingon vessels. I'm hoping the folks at Cryptic will change their minds and ad at least a few Orion and Nausican ships as choices for the KDF pilots.

Oh and the o the OP..PVE for Klingons is a very, very important issue. I see questions about it regularly when playing Klingon Side. Especially to new players entering Q'onos or the first time. More options to get gear and level up other than waiting forever in PvP queues..is good.

And I so hope this ends up being a 4 faction game. 4-sided PvP sounds like fun....
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-07-2010, 01:07 PM
aktak: Will we see any other ships and clothing added to our faction, so an Orion can be made to look like one, and actually be able to fly an Orion ship? Right now the other side races in the Klingon faction seem to be all Klingon step children. And it would add greatly to immersion if the other races were more stand alone, if you know what I mean.

It has been considered, but right now it is more important to offer more customization to the existing Klingon ships. I donít think Orions, Nausicaans and Gorn are anymore stepchildren to the Klingons then Vulcans, Andorians or Bajorans are to the Federation. That being said, one of the things we want to do is add more ship types at the end game. There is no reason some of those ships can't be Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn ships for the Klingon side.

Ok lets see the Vulcans help earth design ships. the Bajorans really have no ship and the Andorians are the only race that a shown in their own ships and that was Enterprise. where as all the Klink races have been seen flying their own ships so its not even a good argumenton that one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell am i PVPing for? The Factions are supposed to be at war why would you not gain and lose ground on a galatic scale? Here's how ya do it. make it so that the Omega Leonis Sector (Klink) and the Sirius Sector (fed) can't change hands and that's it till other factions are playable then make those factions home sector non changeable and boom ya got a real reason to play pvp. You make it so the space sector has to be taken before the planets and bases Just like what would have to happen once that is done ya take that sector not that difficult. But ya wanna know how i know it'll NEVER happen.... the galaxy map isn't even right. how the hell did the klingons and romulans war for so may years being separated by the federation for pete's sake.

Lack of good PVP is my problem i could honestly careless about PVE. but if i'm gonna pay the same amount as fed players are i want the same options as feds and that shoulda been there from the get go. dont plan on quitting or anything like that aint ****ed off by anymeans cause your not gonna find a complete game anymore for computers its gonna get patch after patch no matter the game. and i'm sure they are busy with bugs and such BUT it'd be nice to get what the feds had at launch instead of kilnks waiting for our content/fixes/updates while feds get all of it including new ships.

Sub Zero