Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
test build of the 45 day-day update that's being tested on Tribble as we speak

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008

we've waited a month to test the star clusters and fleet actions, not Episodic PvE content.

my point is proven.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
test build of the 45 day-day update that's being tested on Tribble as we speak

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008

we've waited a month to test the star clusters and fleet actions, not Episodic PvE content.

my point is proven.
So, to prove your point that there's no PvE content in it, you link to a post that says there is PvE content in it...

...right.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
So, to prove your point that there's no PvE content in it, you link to a post that says there is PvE content in it...

...right.
EPISODIC pve content. i mean a progressing storyline with missions for each rank, grade, from level one (including a seperate tutorial Unique to the Klingon faction) to level 45.

i dont think you get the point. the point is, there's no PvE content unique to our faction. everything listed in the link, Fed players have had access to since CB.

There's no IMMERSION. Fed players have a story that takes them from the beginning to the end. Klingons do not.

that is the basis of my concern. i don't feel that even with these additions neither Fed players rolling alts nor new players will have enough PvE or story to keep them interested for 45 levels. i don't feel that they're adding enough replay value for the faction for KDF players already at level cap.

it's certainly not enough interest myself in rolling another Klingon character.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Why are you people still complaining about how there is not content, when you SHOULD be thanking Cryptic for giving you content? Klingons were suppose to be PVP ONLY. You were listened to by the devs, who are now going to give you PvE content, and you COMPLAINING about it taking to long? Seriously, children these days.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2010, 01:21 PM
better quality of content=more players.

which is exactly what the Klingon faction needs at this time.

i've rolled a Klingon since OB, and i've gradually seen the number of people playing Klingons as mains decline and be replaced by Feds rolling alts, getting bored, and going back to their Fed toons.

this is an issue (quality of content) that is having a direct impact on the population of my Faction, and the population of the STO community at large.

i imagine if you understood the severity of the situation, and were able to grasp the big picture, it might change your opinion. instead of being interested solely in your gameplay experience you might be asking for the gameplay experience of everyone playing (regardless of faction) be improved.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
better quality of content=more players.

which is exactly what the Klingon faction needs at this time.

i've rolled a Klingon since OB, and i've gradually seen the number of people playing Klingons as mains decline and be replaced by Feds rolling alts, getting bored, and going back to their Fed toons.

this is an issue (quality of content) that is having a direct impact on the population of my Faction, and the population of the STO community at large.

i imagine if you understood the severity of the situation, and were able to grasp the big picture, it might change your opinion. instead of being interested solely in your gameplay experience you might be asking for the gameplay experience of everyone playing (regardless of faction) be improved.
I don't believe anyone doesn't understand the severity of the situations. We've all known the Klingon Faction material was launched incomplete - which is why most of the 45-day patch is for Klingons. But on the other side, we have known for over a year that the Klingon side was exclusively for PvP. There was never supposed to be any PvE content there. The fact that Cryptic is adding it is them going above-and-beyond what they said the Faction was supposed to have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
What you're not getting is, they're already DOING IT. The're already working on Klingon story content. They've said it over, and over, and over; you're getting what you asked for. At this point you guys are just whining every day it's not done yet; that won't make it get done faster. All you could possibly achieve that isn't already being done is, you might successfully convince them to release it before it's ready. That's not a win.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I don't believe anyone doesn't understand the severity of the situations. We've all known the Klingon Faction material was launched incomplete - which is why most of the 45-day patch is for Klingons. But on the other side, we have known for over a year that the Klingon side was exclusively for PvP. There was never supposed to be any PvE content there. The fact that Cryptic is adding it is them going above-and-beyond what they said the Faction was supposed to have.
i thought the knowledge that klingons where going to be pvp only was announced in december last year. or was that just when the bulk of people got wind of it?

regardless of when it was announced that still goes back to the game being released too early. when the game was on the drawing board im sure they planned to have a fully fledged klingon faction but as time grew short they had to change it.

if they planned from day one for klingon to be pvp only then that is really stupid. id like to believe the devs were smarter than that
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
What you're not getting is, they're already DOING IT. The're already working on Klingon story content. They've said it over, and over, and over; you're getting what you asked for. At this point you guys are just whining every day it's not done yet; that won't make it get done faster. All you could possibly achieve that isn't already being done is, you might successfully convince them to release it before it's ready. That's not a win.
i'm not getting what i asked for. i asked for a completed faction with as many gameplay options as the other faction (feds)
Tribble is testing FvF as we type. i dont see how the release of FvF is a win.
it's good for Fed players, but not the community at large. it's being implemented for the sole purpose of reducing the wait time of PvP Q's for FEd players.
it does nothing to improve gameplay on the Klingon side of the fence.

to ignore the needs of one faction in a dual-faction MMO at launch is one thing.
but to actively cater to one faction while continuing to ignore the needs of the opposing faction while it's numbers continue to dwindle is another.

i've said so before and i'll say it again if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd feel the same way many Klingons do.

i encourage you to walk a mile (45 levels) in our shoes. have you ever played a Klingon toon? please do.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i thought the knowledge that klingons where going to be pvp only was announced in december last year. or was that just when the bulk of people got wind of it?
This is from a Massively article in October. That's as far back as I'm willing to check. I have better things to do with my Saturday.

Quote:
Eurogamer: I see! And forgive my ignorance, but can I be a Klingon?

Craig Zinkievich: Yes! We plan on shipping with the ability to play as Federation and play on the Klingon side. The Klingon gameplay is going to be drastically different to the Federation gameplay. It's going to be a lot more focused on PvP; their advancement is a little bit different - it is not a full-on story-driven game like the Federation.
Quote:
regardless of when it was announced that still goes back to the game being released too early. when the game was on the drawing board im sure they planned to have a fully fledged klingon faction but as time grew short they had to change it.
A pointless point. The game is what it is. Constantly complaining about what it isn't won't make it what you want it to be. This is the game we have to work with and this is the game they have to improve. The "why-it-happend" concept doesn't really matter any more. What we have now is our foundation to build from.

Quote:
if they planned from day one for klingon to be pvp only then that is really stupid. id like to believe the devs were smarter than that
Stupid to one person is genius to another.