Lt. Commander
# 21
03-06-2010, 01:48 PM
It will come. Klingons will get some love in the next month or 2.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
i'm not getting what i asked for. i asked for a completed faction with as many gameplay options as the other faction (feds)
Tribble is testing FvF as we type. i dont see how the release of FvF is a win.
it's good for Fed players, but not the community at large. it's being implemented for the sole purpose of reducing the wait time of PvP Q's for FEd players.
it does nothing to improve gameplay on the Klingon side of the fence.

to ignore the needs of one faction in a dual-faction MMO at launch is one thing.
but to actively cater to one faction while continuing to ignore the needs of the opposing faction while it's numbers continue to dwindle is another.

i've said so before and i'll say it again if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd feel the same way many Klingons do.

i encourage you to walk a mile (45 levels) in our shoes. have you ever played a Klingon toon? please do.
so basicly because cryptic includes stuff for the feddies it's catering only to feddies?

basicly because cryptic isn't doing EXACTLY as YOU say, they suck?

wow, not only is that a remarkably ignorant thing to say and do, it's remarkably arrogant and self centered.
Grow up!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post

A pointless point. The game is what it is. Constantly complaining about what it isn't won't make it what you want it to be. This is the game we have to work with and this is the game they have to improve. The "why-it-happend" concept doesn't really matter any more. What we have now is our foundation to build from.

he who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it

yet i also remember them saying something about adding things to an mmo late does little for the subscription numbers so they put the klingons in now undercooked rather than adding a complete faction later on that would not attract more people, so i still think in the beginning they wanted a full Klingon faction but changed their minds

to be honest i was not complaining, i dont really care when they add it. if it comes in a year, ill just come back in a year and play them then. im in no hurry.
its just i dont believe they ever planned it to be a pvp faction only
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
so basicly because cryptic includes stuff for the feddies it's catering only to feddies?

basicly because cryptic isn't doing EXACTLY as YOU say, they suck?

wow, not only is that a remarkably ignorant thing to say and do, it's remarkably arrogant and self centered.
Grow up!
stop trolling. go roll a Klingon. experience firsthand how incomplete the faction is.

but, to get back on topic-what they're intending to Update in the OP is basically what they're testing on Tribble now, which has been linked on other posts in this thread.

by me.
enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
stop trolling. go roll a Klingon. experience firsthand how incomplete the faction is.

but, to get back on topic-what they're intending to Update in the OP is basically what they're testing on Tribble now, which has been linked on other posts in this thread.

by me.
enjoy
You don't seem to understand, from the start, it was announced KDF was a PvP only faction. ANY PvE content released should be considered an extra.

And yes, I have a KDF toon, she's currently sitting at captain rank.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Anyone who thought Klingons would be getting full 1-45 PVE content in the 45-day patch is seriously deluded. I'd hope any reasonably intelligent players out there realised that such a thing was

A. Never promised

and

B. Completely infeasible in such a short time-frame.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonJean
You don't seem to understand, from the start, it was announced KDF was a PvP only faction. ANY PvE content released should be considered an extra.

And yes, I have a KDF toon, she's currently sitting at captain rank.
what i'm saying is, what they are adding is not going to add any real replay value for the faction, for new players or for Feds rolling alts.

they're adding content for our faction in an attempt to secure KDF player subs, re-attain KDF player subs lost post-launch, and to attract new players to the KDF.

and i don't think the quality of the content is enough to get the job done.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosableActionFigure View Post
Anyone who thought Klingons would be getting full 1-45 PVE content in the 45-day patch is seriously deluded. I'd hope any reasonably intelligent players out there realised that such a thing was

A. Never promised

and

i dont think anybody thinks that but even if they get a handful of missions it would help them.

ive never even head them say any story missions in the 45 days patch, i read they where adding more klingon pve but it was a bit vague
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:

A. Never promised

and

indeed. we all knew what Klingon content was gonna be like even before Open Beta started. the content's coming, but cryptic isn't going to release content for one side alone. yes you can say "roll a 45 klingon and see what it's like" however roll a 45 fed, finish all the quests, see what it's like.

same thing, BOTH factions need new content, new toysa etc. it's coming, the 45 day patch is not gonna be the last content we get
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:

A. Never promised

and

i completely agree. but with Cryptic's very very vague manner of alluding to new content (and they have been doing so since OB) it seemed like something that was possible. to a lot of people.

when this patch goes live, for the 45-day update, a lot of Klingon players are going to feel as if they have been led on for 2 months and they are going to leave. this is not good for the game.

what i'm getting at, is the manner in which Cryptic alluded to new content for KDF players has been and always was very vague, leaving most players to form unrealistic expectations of what was coming in the way of content, and it was in bad taste for them, to do so. if KDF players would have known, during OB, that the '45-day patch' that was constantly being alluded to as their hope for new content was going to be what we're seeing, many would have cancelled before launch. i sure would have, or at least instead would have.

you have yet to see the real feedback from the KDF as a whole over this.