Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Honestly this game could be a WoW clone in space and be far more successful than it is now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Yeah, it could be better. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. However, copying another game that people left to come to this game isn't the answer.
you came to this game not because its NOT like eve


BUT because its star trek... its awesome because its star trek but let down by the game play i believe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
yes but if you knew that might happen isnt that what makes the game... it adds fear, adrenalin rush, thats what life is all about


i know its a game but u cant just live in total comfort, where is the challege, DIE ,, RESPAWN, DIE RESPAWN,,, that is what i call BORING

i do agree that it sucks to lose ur ship u spent so much time working towards,



i would like that u have a galaxy class ship fitted with baisic weapons and you have to learn to use better ones, you have to gain presteige to be able to fit them i dunno, head back to a space dock, get fitted up

but u should be able to do this without gaining the experiance from killing as much as possible like wow..

maybe gain extra xp from competitions in the holo deck or something that adds more depth..

im kinda lost in what i wanna say i have an image of what i wish the game had, but finding it hard to put into words
With this post, you've moved beyond wanting to improve STO, to actively be looking for an EvE clone. I didn't want to say it before, but I'll say it now - if that's what you want, go back to EvE. The rest of us don't want that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
you came to this game not because its NOT like eve


BUT because its star trek... its awesome because its star trek but let down by the game play i believe
You're right, that's why I came. However, there are plenty of people who DID come because it isn't like EvE, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that they outnumber the people who want STO to be an EvE clone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
With this post, you've moved beyond wanting to improve STO, to actively be looking for an EvE clone. I didn't want to say it before, but I'll say it now - if that's what you want, go back to EvE. The rest of us don't want that.
correction: you don't want that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
correction: you don't want that.
Sorry but i don't want an EVE clone either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
correction: you don't want that.
I highly doubt that I'm the only person who doesn't want STO to be an EvE clone. See the post above this one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
yes but if you knew that might happen isnt that what makes the game... it adds fear, adrenalin rush, thats what life is all about


i know its a game but u cant just live in total comfort, where is the challege, DIE ,, RESPAWN, DIE RESPAWN,,, that is what i call BORING

i do agree that it sucks to lose ur ship u spent so much time working towards,



i would like that u have a galaxy class ship fitted with baisic weapons and you have to learn to use better ones, you have to gain presteige to be able to fit them i dunno, head back to a space dock, get fitted up

but u should be able to do this without gaining the experiance from killing as much as possible like wow..

maybe gain extra xp from competitions in the holo deck or something that adds more depth..

im kinda lost in what i wanna say i have an image of what i wish the game had, but finding it hard to put into words
i know what you are trying to say and like i said there are things that sto could learn from eve. in small doses as long as it does not become too hardcore. i like the freedom, i like the choice of being able to pvp, or do pve, or mine or trade or build weapons but if they incorporate it then it has to be in line with what sto is already. build on the game but dont change its core. they have made a casual game and they cant change that now

as for the fear bit, i understand why some like it but thats just not for me. i like to play casual. life may be like that and if i ever decide to build a ship and warp into another solar system then i would experience fear but in a game i dont want my hard work lost in one moment i cant control.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Sorry but i don't want an EVE clone either.
Ok there's two? I guess I'm three. Still not everyone else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I highly doubt that I'm the only person who doesn't want STO to be an EvE clone. See the post above this one.
not only one =/= everyone else
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 AM.